Next Day Reaction

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Tricky because we must not concede. Bit of patience required first half...always a chance they could do a Rotherham on us...totally outplay them but lose.

Reckon it's going to pens myself.

Thankfully we arent the sort of team to gift easy goals or struggle to defend set pieces so we should be fine on Monday. 

• Haha 1

Guest Musttryharder
5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We have a great chance to reach Wembley. An early goal and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Yeah, was disappointed with Sam's error but we love him too much to dwell on it, I hope he can be our match winner on Monday.

Sunderland aren't all that. They managed a 1-0 win only in front of 40,000 of their own fans against a Wednesday team that hadn't been given the green light to play their normal attacking game. That will change on Monday in front of a massive, vociferous, passionate Hillsborough crowd.

Keep the faith. We've got this covered. I have all the confidence in the world with this set of Wednesday players.

It is going to be emotional. 

Winner from Sam Hutchinson.

That's the spirit. 

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

We have a great chance to reach Wembley. An early goal and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Yeah, was disappointed with Sam's error but we love him too much to dwell on it, I hope he can be our match winner on Monday.

Sunderland aren't all that. They managed a 1-0 win only in front of 40,000 of their own fans against a Wednesday team that hadn't been given the green light to play their normal attacking game. That will change on Monday in front of a massive, vociferous, passionate Hillsborough crowd.

Keep the faith. We've got this covered. I have all the confidence in the world with this set of Wednesday players.

It is going to be emotional. 

Winner from Sam Hutchinson.

Well said indeed. 

Fans have the whole summer to come on and either praise or ridicule the team and the season. Till then, we have a huge game on Monday where every fan needs to put their opinions to one side and back the team 100%.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We didn’t over exert last night either, I think (hope), whereas Sunderland we’re going ham for the whole game. 

I think we’ll do it, but we have to overwhelm them both on and off the pitch. 

Sammy to score the winner. 

• Like 1

If this were a regular league match and Sunderland went 1-0 up inside the first minute, there’d be a lot of fans thinking “we’ve got our work cut out to get a result today”.

When sides lower down the league have come to Hillsborough and got players behind the ball we’ve struggled to break them down, on Monday there’s the very real chance of a much better side playing like that which will make it doubly hard.

I think it could be a very long night.