Best possible result

You can sense from what their manager had to say that they are slightly concerned coming to Hillsboro with only a 1-0 lead. They should be coming to a club like Wednesday with a full crowd and taking on our players. We should be more than capable of coping with that. 

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

No pressure for Monday, the expectation is now all on them. 

We are forced to attack. No other way to play. They're going to be trying to protect a lead while nicking another.

Some big players to come back into the side (Hunt, Windass) to freshen things up.

It's not all doom and gloom. I think we'll be alright.

(I hope anyway)

image.png.de2e47cab3d88ce78c818ce093f6445d.png

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

No pressure for Monday, the expectation is now all on them. 

We are forced to attack. No other way to play. They're going to be trying to protect a lead while nicking another.

Some big players to come back into the side (Hunt, Windass) to freshen things up.

It's not all doom and gloom. I think we'll be alright.

(I hope anyway)

On the Sunderland site they are ripping the p155 out of your thread 

....rightly so 

• Haha 1

A 1-0 defeat isn’t the end, it’s not even the beginning of the end, it’s the end of the beginning. 
Get that Churchillan rhetoric going on Monday evening Mr Moore and we will prevail.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brando said:

Sunderland were there for the taking,we reverted to early season formation and way of playing,1st half anyway,last 20 mins far better team,why not have a go from the start,Moore made a mistake,hopefully can rectify it monday..

Going there and trying to take the lead in the first half might have worked, but then again it might not... (There home record is second only too ours in this division.)

I think it was reasonable of DM to set out to weather the initial storm at Sunderland. It nearly worked. They ran out of steam after 60 mins. We took hold of the game from there.

They should have scored on several occasions. They only scored through a mistake and a lucky deflection from a save. Fine Margins.

• Love 1

Let's not act like we are still init because of our way if playing 

If Sunderland had their shooting boots on and their manager didnt take their best two players off they'd have got a couple more 

I'd be fuming If I was a sunderland fan 

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Losing is never the best possible result.

True !!  But when you’ve only played one of a two legged game, it’s not that bad is it #uto 

1 hour ago, apswfcowl said:

I'd still be nervous until the 87th minute in the second leg. If they pull a goal back..........

Exactly.
As every Wednesdayite should know 8-0 is a quadruple nightmare lead!

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

Going there and trying to take the lead in the first half might have worked, but then again it might not... (There home record is second only too ours in this division.)

I think it was reasonable of DM to set out to weather the initial storm at Sunderland. It nearly worked. They ran out of steam after 60 mins. We took hold of the game from there.

They should have scored on several occasions. They only scored through a mistake and a lucky deflection from a save. Fine Margins.

Yeah,maybe,I just thought if we had approached as we did at MK think we would have come out on top,watched Sunderland v Rotherham last week and thought Sunderland were very average,as I thought last night..

• Like 1

Think we got away with one last night, could have been a lot worse.

Wasn't really surprised with the performance, we've had several similar this season. But we have rarely had two bad performances on the trot...all to play for still.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brando said:

Yeah,maybe,I just thought if we had approached as we did at MK think we would have come out on top,watched Sunderland v Rotherham last week and thought Sunderland were very average,as I thought last night..

I thought Sunderland were average too. After you've finished watching the opening credits on sky with Sunderland and Wednesday goals in the Premier League from yester year.

And you move on from the impressive atmosphere generated by their fans.

And then you move on from their impressive first half performance...

You then realise, hang on we are playing against a third division team, and player for player, our team has far more experience as Championship level than theirs.

If we get an early goal on Monday night, no one will remember last night.

And that's a real shame for the Sunderland fans. They don't deserve the third division, and neither do ours.

• Like 1

We have the worst away record of the top 6 we have played that way in a few away games where we have defended most of the game. I think the tactics was to soak up pressure then hit them on the counter later on in the game. We seem to do well against the better teams and we need to show our intentions right from the get go. I would like to see NML play a significant role I think is direct power and pace will cause them problems.They have had some massive defeats but I think the new manager as got them a lot harder to beat. We need some big performances Monday at the fortress and I’m going for 3-1 win

After all, it's Wednesday we are talking about.

How likely was it that we would deliver three convincing performances/ wins in a row?

I am confident that we will now bounce back and win the next two games with our fans pushing us over the line.

UTO 💙🤍💙