Jump to content

Absolute melts


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, owl84 said:

Its a shame that people cant cahnge their opinion on Moore am i his biggest fan no probably not. But the job hes done since the end of November has been brilliant. 

 

He was too negative early doors in alot of away games. But hes changed his approach and the last 25/30 games of the season weve been brilliant. 

 

What ever happens Monday and then 21st he deserves a crack next season. 

 

I'm guessing you missed tonight's match?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Owls2k said:

 

I'm guessing you missed tonight's match?

No what did you expect tonight? Go out all guns blazing lose 3/4-0 and be out the game. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

It’s quite simple really, when managers meet or surpass expectations they get praise and when they don’t they get criticism. 
 

Megson got praise then stick because we dropped points against rubbish teams. Jones comes in and could do no wrong as we didn’t lose for something like 17 games, then by Xmas people were giving him pelters after we started losing. Gray got results a bit better than expected and was mostly praised. Carlos just about met expectations and still received heavy criticism from some. Jos was uninspiring and got poor results so was criticised. Bruce lost 4 in 20 and looked promising so was praised. Monk got praise initially leading us to 3rd, then widespread criticism after overseeing our collapse. Pulis got stick for dour football and results.

 

Moore took us down and then got us 4th with the highest budget in the league. Obviously a lot of fans aren’t happy with his record, but there are plenty who are who mostly don’t respect the other opinion. I can’t see what any of it has to do with race, it’s to do with results on the pitch.

 

Criticising him tonight halfway through is unhelpful though. If we don’t go up then it’s not the play off games it’s the lack of results against rubbish sides which stopped us getting autos that should be the focus. Play offs always a lottery.

Moore didn’t take us down. He was the third manager to come in last season. He’s inherited a broken club with a losing culture and largely got us winning games regularly and scoring plenty of goals. Time we let someone have a go at building something.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Aye. 4th place, best home record in league and one of the highest scorers in the league. Did any of that remotely happen under Jos? 

 

The issue there is Jos wasn't managing in a tinpot league chief. 

 

I don't care about anything but league position. 

 

We should have been top this season, as the squad and management we're aiming for. We're fourth. With a squad every other manager in this division drools over. 

 

And more importantly we're still approaching games in a petrified manner. 

 

Completely bizarre. 

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Moore didn’t take us down. He was the third manager to come in last season. He’s inherited a broken club with a losing culture and largely got us winning games regularly and scoring plenty of goals. Time we let someone have a go at building something.

Didn’t realise he came in after the season ended. My bad

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, owl84 said:

No what did you expect tonight? Go out all guns blazing lose 3/4-0 and be out the game. 

Funnily enough mate no I did not. 

 

Did you expect us to turn up like shrinking violets like we did tonight?

 

An assertive performance tonight would have absolutely ruined them, and let's be honest their squad is nowhere near ours. 

 

But we've chosen to gamble.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Moore didn’t take us down. He was the third manager to come in last season. He’s inherited a broken club with a losing culture and largely got us winning games regularly and scoring plenty of goals. Time we let someone have a go at building something.

 

Yes he did.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Funnily enough mate no I did not. 

 

Did you expect us to turn up like shrinking violets like we did tonight?

 

An assertive performance tonight would have absolutely ruined them, and let's be honest their squad is nowhere near ours. 

 

But we've chosen to gamble.

Disagree on the squads think they are very similar. 

 

Would have been happier with the draw but one mistake cost us that. They gave us no time to be assertive thought they did that well.

 

Monday will be different altogether. Whether we have enough who knows. 

 

Edited by owl84
Uoday
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

 

The issue there is Jos wasn't managing in a tinpot league chief. 

 

I don't care about anything but league position. 

 

We should have been top this season, as the squad and management we're aiming for. We're fourth. With a squad every other manager in this division drools over. 

 

And more importantly we're still approaching games in a petrified manner. 

 

Completely bizarre. 

 

 

 

We missed out on automatic by 5 points. We had chronic injuries for much of the first half of the season. Since January our form has been automatic promotion form. 
 

Maybe we could have finished higher, but some of our fans make out as though it 100% should have been a procession, which is nonsense IMO. You only have to look at Sunderland to see how nothing is a given. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

We missed out on automatic by 5 points. We had chronic injuries for much of the first half of the season. Since January our form has been automatic promotion form. 
 

Maybe we could have finished higher, but some of our fans make out as though it 100% should have been a procession, which is nonsense IMO. You only have to look at Sunderland to see how nothing is a given. 

 

5 points we should have had. 

 

Wigan and Rotherham were the top two chief. Laughable we're below them however you try and dress it with our squad, talent and wage bill. 

 

Sunderland are a prime example of what your leniency leads to. Perennial failure. 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

 

5 points we should have had. 

 

Wigan and Rotherham were the top two chief. Laughable we're below them however you try and dress it with our squad, talent and wage bill. 

 

Sunderland are a prime example of what your leniency leads to. Perennial failure. 

 

 


They’re also a good example of how chopping managers doesn’t get you anywhere either. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:


They’re also a good example of how chopping managers doesn’t get you anywhere either. 

 

It does if you appoint the right ones. 

 

Well done on attempting (and failing) to swerve the other points though

 

We've underachieved.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

 

It does if you appoint the right ones. 

 

Well done on attempting (and failing) to swerve the other points though

 

We've underachieved.

 

 

Wigan and Rotherham have both competed at the top of this league in recent years and have that experience. In the last 12 games we have outperformed both of those sides. 85 points after a chaotic relegation is respectable IMO and I think the club would be daft to trigger another change process when what we clearly need is stability. 
 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

 

It does if you appoint the right ones. 

 

Well done on attempting (and failing) to swerve the other points though

 

We've underachieved.

 

 

If you trust Chansiri to appoint the right manager (because his record is so great) then let’s sack him. But I think most fans recognize that we’re not a well run club, that we’ve had enormous amounts of instability and that sticking with a manager who in his first full season has got us a play off place whilst largely playing entertaining football wouldn’t be the worst decision for SWFC right now. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He joined us in March ffs. Laughable to suggest it’s his fault we went down. 

 

To be fair he needed to get 16 points from the last 14 games to keep us up and failed to do thats not great at all. 

 

He picked up 13.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, owl84 said:

 

To be fair he needed to get 16 points from the last 14 games to keep us up and failed to do thats not great at all. 

 

He picked up 13.  

It’s not his fault we went down. You can’t bring a manager into a club in March, leave them to unpick an absolute train wreck of a season and club and then blame them for not fixing it in 3 months.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we could and possibly should have finished top 2 with the group we have. But, football being football what you expect isn't always what you get. At this point all that matters is results, we didn't play well and lost but we aren't out of it yet. Sunderland were much the better team but are only slightly ahead, so its in the balance. We need to win at home which we have been good at. If the crowd get behind the team that will be a big help, if some of the people on this thread are at the game we are in trouble as they cant wait for Moore to fail.

If we go out on Monday then fair play, you can have your moan, but for the time being how about shutting the f8uck up.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...