Would you have taken a 1-0 loss before kick off?

9 hours ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Do you recon Sunderland are happy with a 1-0 advance? I think a lot of them will say no.

No totally agree mate.   Far from happy with the 1-0.  The missed chances could cost us.  You will certainly have the better of the game at your place and expectedly so, however you need to come at us which suits us as we play counter-attacking.  With Braodhead expected to be back in the squad.  I foresee another tense 90mins

• Like 1

Why would anyone take a 1-0 loss before kickoff - that just sounds crazy to me.

I would have grudgingly taken a 1-0 loss at half time due to how both teams were performing, but never before we’d even kicked a ball.

Let’s face it…..if the following had happened: 

Draw - Wednesday wouldn’t have known what to do, we’d probably try to play tight and hope the snatch one and then defend. This never works out for Wednesday;  we’d score and then stop playing, then let one in and collapse. Not being able to get back up to pace again 

Win - we’d have definitely put our stall out not to concede rather than hit them on the counter attack and go for the win. This never works out for Wednesday;  we’d let one in and wouldn’t be able to get back up to pace again and find it hard to chance the from the defensive mindset; until 88 mins when it dawns on us thst we need to attack / score; then everyone in the ground thinks - “Why didn’t they play like this from the beginning”. We create a chance the save the tie in the 90 min and it would fall to Palmer. Injury time is frustrating and we offer nothing.

A loss means we need to attack, and that’s when we play the best. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackem1 said:

No totally agree mate.   Far from happy with the 1-0.  The missed chances could cost us.  You will certainly have the better of the game at your place and expectedly so, however you need to come at us which suits us as we play counter-attacking.  With Braodhead expected to be back in the squad.  I foresee another tense 90mins

Yeah it’s gunna be horrid. Good luck tho mate. And if you win I hope you go all the way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Yeah it’s gunna be horrid. Good luck tho mate. And if you win I hope you go all the way. 

Thank you mate and I do genuinely appreciate that.  I can assure you after the original head up my arse spell if you beat us.....   I will be back to wish you all the very best for the final and hope you also go up, as per one of my original posts, I have time for your fans, I remember one game midweek I came down and Carbone was playing for yous and ran the show, he went off to a great reception from both sets of fans....

• Love 1