Joe Crann criticises Sam Hutchinson’s mistake

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I can't even be bothered to break this down and analyse how ridiculous this post is

Give it a go. What benefit does publicly criticising one of our most important and reliable players do for the readers, the club, the player - or, well, anything? Referencing the mistake as part of reporting the game, that's perfectly understandable of course, but calling it out for criticism is not only pointless, but arguably counterproductive. Hutch already knows. The fans already know. The fans already know that Hutch knows, and he'll be gutted. This thread proves that we don't really care and no one will be asking for him to be dropped from the next game. It's just one of those unfortunate things that happens in football, it doesn't need putting up in lights.

The obvious well-known comparison might be whether you'd think it's fair or sensible to criticise Gerrard that year he slipped and lost them the title. I don't think it would be.

This is all moot, of course, since it appears that Joe never actually criticised Hutch after all!

• Like 1

Apologies for the raving rant and apologies to Joe Crann - I should know better. 😞 

The copius amounts of beer and disapointment of the first 65 mins turned me into an angry keyboard warrior after seeing this on the e-soccer site.

The link is obviously clickbait via transfer tavern - this is their post https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/sheffield-wednesday-news/sheffield-wednesday-joe-crann-criticises-sam-hutchinsons-mistake/

image.png.97224f4e5d5ef1612d4bf1c55686c4b7.png

and 

image.png.24c6b845ddc8b3793b540efb13f86668.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2