This is why….

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest mrbluesky
10 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

I’m guessing what he might be saying is that DM ideally wants Hutch to poke the ball back to BPF for us to keep possession of the ball…  but it obviously went wrong. 

Finally!!! For those that can’t see this, please watch it back, 🙄

82F651BE-7CB4-4B3A-ABE8-B5E5B639BF88.jpeg

D0A8EB3C-51FB-4D87-BFA1-709BBB51B5B4.jpeg

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Id rather keep the manager and get rid of the fans who expect us to smash every team five nil and then cry like babies if we dont

its those fans who ruin the enjoyment of a season not the manager 

Yeh, but they're all experts innit.

Guest mrbluesky
10 hours ago, edwinowl said:

See usual suspects out.  
Let’s see what happens Monday shall we. 

It’s a forum, it works whereby folk voice an opinion :rolleyes:, fwiw I am critical of some things last night, but I reckon we’ll smash em Monday, but I’m happy for folk to come at me, do you know why? Because it’s a forum, it works whereby folk voice an opinion.

Guest FoxOwl12
22 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Absolute 100% guarantee you that if Megson was in charge last night and did exactly the same as Moore re: tactics and team selection, everybody would be praising him of coming away from that game only 1-0 down, with an excellent chance of turning that around in front of our fans. 

Some 'fans' on here have had it for Moore since he walked through the door - mocking him personally as well as professionally - and nothing he does will be good enough for them. 

I've read comments that say he should be sacked even if we go up . That's the fan base he's up against. 

You can't polish t**ds mate. The majority of the fans support Moore and the changes he making, not least with the Academy set up, and investing in good quality youngsters with potential. Ignore the brain dead idiots we get on here.

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

It’s a forum, it works whereby folk voice an opinion :rolleyes:, fwiw I am critical of some things last night, but I reckon we’ll smash em Monday, but I’m happy for folk to come at me, do you know why? Because it’s a forum, it works whereby folk voice an opinion.

Exactly.  Me too. Have a good day now. 

Last night the tactics were spot on. You can only play as well as the opposites allow.

Sunderland aren't a poor team in this division, as the final table proves.

We didn't play for a draw but aimed to contain them until the last third of the game.

DM knew they would come at us all guns blazing first half and then again at the start of the second half, especially after the late goal.

He also knew they couldn't keep that intensity up and we would finish the stronger side.

Spot on apart from a mistake by one of our senior pros.

Guest Jack the Hat
21 minutes ago, vulva said:

We need more fans with actual brains. 

I very much have an actual brain thanks. Doesn’t change the fact Moore is learning on our dollar. We play our normal game last night we win. It was like Huddersfield all over again. Same meat different gravy.

Annoying tactic of sitting back after we cleared our lines. No animated push up gestures seemed to be coming from the technical area. We just invited them back onto us.

Harlee Dean also must take some of the blame for this.

I’ve had time to reflect on last nights game, and ya know what I think DM was spot on with his tactics and the substitution’s, we absolutely battered them for the last 20 minutes. My only gripe is that when you play a certain way, 3 at the back all season and then change it for one game it was understandable that a couple of players didn’t look like they new what they were doing. I fully expect us to go back to 3 at the back on Monday.  We’ll rip em apart !!  This isn’t over.   #uto 

Guest Willow Owl
36 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Finally!!! For those that can’t see this, please watch it back, 🙄

82F651BE-7CB4-4B3A-ABE8-B5E5B639BF88.jpeg

D0A8EB3C-51FB-4D87-BFA1-709BBB51B5B4.jpeg

Yep, backs up the fact that Hutchinson dropped one. Nobody to blame but Hutchinson himself.

Totally miss read the speed and direction of the ball.

Moore is not to blame FFS

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Looking forward to going to the match …….. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your priorities?

My comment was in relation to the negativity following last night’s narrow defeat and what it will be like if don’t get through on Monday. 

I will be going Monday just like I have over 1,000 times before but what I need to re-evaluate is why I feel the need to explain myself to Jonny Random on Owlstalk.

The fault of the Huddersfield tie wasn’t even the away game. 0-0 back at home is far from bad.

The fault of Carlos was that we went 1-0 up at home then decided to stop plying football and try to see it out. That’s where he went wrong.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

My comment was in relation to the negativity following last night’s narrow defeat and what it will be like if don’t get through on Monday. 

I will be going Monday just like I have over 1,000 times before but what I need to re-evaluate is why I feel the need to explain myself to Jonny Random on Owlstalk.

Careful.

He will offer you out under the North Stand.

I understand he's got quite a backlog to work through though so might take a while.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Lost 1-0 to a team that finished the season with a very similar record to us, away, in front of 40,000 of their fans due to an uncharacteristic individual error 

Was it really that bad? 

Felt sorry for Darren last night,if he hadn’t picked Berahino he would have been slated,was let down by some of his players  But hey that’s what happens when you don’t get an automatic position.  Hutchinson should have known better with his experience.

Darren has to take responsibility for the playing it out nonsense but the player themselves still have to make a judgement on the ball….Not over YET but clearly Sunderland &WW both now have one foot in the Final 

• Like 2

Whilst we weren't good last night, they are no mugs in this division and they were at home. We still restricted them to very few good chances too and a 1-0 defeat isn't a disaster.

They look more of a threat on the break, which is the risk on Monday for us as I suspect we'll dominate possession.

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not over YET but clearly Sunderland &WW both now have one foot in the Final 

Do Sunderland have the 'nightmare' 1-0 lead, though?

I said this yesterday, but in a funny way going into the second leg a goal down might actually settle any nerves the team may have. They know what's needed and they're going to have to go for it. Sunderland are the ones who have to worry about whether to stick or twist. They're the ones who will be acutely aware that they only have a slender aggregate lead. And if we get the first goal, it will be Sunderland who are on the back foot.

The dynamic can change instantly. 

• Like 2

Guest Jack the Hat
43 minutes ago, Owl said:

I’ve had time to reflect on last nights game, and ya know what I think DM was spot on with his tactics and the substitution’s, we absolutely battered them for the last 20 minutes. My only gripe is that when you play a certain way, 3 at the back all season and then change it for one game it was understandable that a couple of players didn’t look like they new what they were doing. I fully expect us to go back to 3 at the back on Monday.  We’ll rip em apart !!  This isn’t over.   #uto 

So we play differently for 70 minutes to how we have for most of the season and a few of the players clearly looked uncomfortable, yet you think the tactics were spot on. That’s not a criticism btw, I think you have summed it up perfectly but our overall summary differs. My view is because of the first 70 minutes the tactics were wrong. I strongly believe if we had played our usual game we would be going into the second leg at least level.