This is why….

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Darren Moore totally shackled that performance...Needed a plan B and some flexibility.  Was a total mess.

Although perhaps we need to judge that performance after the 2nd match.

Agreed. But if we’d have tried to win the game I’m sure we would have

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

To be fair if Hutchinson had cleared that ball then at half tim it would have been a good first half, they created nothing, and crowd was starting to get impatient..  that goal gave them a massive boost for start of 2nd half

But what if we had tried to win the games? 

Guest Jack the Hat
13 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

Anyone else looking forward to Owlstalk at 10pm on Monday?

Yawn

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Would have made no difference without midfield runners 

He would have been a shithouse

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 hours ago, Brommers said:

We're you thinking that before the game? From the majority of posts in recent weeks, DM seems to have got grief for playing Patterson, now all of a sudden he's the answer. 🤷‍♂️

No I wasn’t, just in hindsight 

It would have been 0-0 away from home first leg, if Hutch would have kicked the ball into row z. Like he should have done. 

Similar Lees scoring an own goal vs Huddersfield. 

it’s personal mistakes that change the course if the game. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

We need a manager with a tactical brain

Id rather keep the manager and get rid of the fans who expect us to smash every team five nil and then cry like babies if we dont

its those fans who ruin the enjoyment of a season not the manager 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

I have been critical of Moore away from home this season, however fully expected that first half.

Sunderland had all the ball and we allowed them half chances. If Hutch uses his brain and just puts that out for a throw in, we clap them off at 0-0, Sunderland then potentially deflated would not have come out steaming like they did and it’s a different game. One we potentially could have knicked.

hoping hutch now doesn’t try to redeem himself and be stupid Monday night.

we need to come out controlling the play like we did at MKF.

We’re all disappointed, but credit to the lads for keeping it at 1-0 after the mistake. Every chance on Monday. Expecting extra time.

• Like 1

Absolute 100% guarantee you that if Megson was in charge last night and did exactly the same as Moore re: tactics and team selection, everybody would be praising him of coming away from that game only 1-0 down, with an excellent chance of turning that around in front of our fans. 

Some 'fans' on here have had it for Moore since he walked through the door - mocking him personally as well as professionally - and nothing he does will be good enough for them. 

I've read comments that say he should be sacked even if we go up . That's the fan base he's up against. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Seeing as you asked nicely …..

That’s a no then lol

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Carlos had a tactical brain and he did pretty much the same thing in the Huddersfield play off

Which cost us the tie. That is the point . There are a lot of similarities between the two games. Most wednesday fans I talk to believe if we had not been so negative against Huddersfield we would have beaten them comfortably. There was no reason for CC to do that as there was no reason for the poor tactics last night. We were walked over by an extremely poor Sunderland team because we sat back. Take the game to them and we win it.  After that match last night I think the winner of the other tie will get promoted.