This is why….

Guest Jack the Hat

10 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Exactly.

At half time their XG was like 0.2.

Ours was over 0.5.

I saw that, but not sure how. Surely a one-on-one with the keeper is worth about 0.5, and then tapping the rebound into an empty net must be about 0.9. 

And as for our 0.5 - what was that for? Gregory's header from miles out wide?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Lost 1-0 to a team that finished the season with a very similar record to us, away, in front of 40,000 of their fans due to an uncharacteristic individual error 

Was it really that bad? 

This is the most sensible post all night - I won’t read any more.

1-0 is a decent enough result tonight, one most would have take before kick off.

Yes, Hutchinson dropped a bo##ocl, but we can and will absolutely smash them at home.

too many Fannie’s again this evening

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, edwinowl said:

Why has he ? Let’s just come out with a sweeping statement shall we. Why. Because we can 

Wrong tactics, team selections, etc etc, biggest budget/squad in league 1,

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest mrbluesky
3 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Please be absolutely clear, you honestly think DM instructed Hutch to almost trip and give the ball away? You’re sober and you think that was part of Moore’s tactics? Without a hint of irony or sarcasm you think our manager told Sam Hutchinson that’s what he was supposed to do?  Hand on heart you truly believe we’ve worked all week in training on nearly tripping up and giving the ball away? 

Jesus H Christ!, let's be absolutely clear, Darren Moore wants us to play possession football, shirley you are not that thick that It's not been impressed on this team to keep the ball? Have you not seen the numerous unforced errors this season at the back??

Genuinely, I'm all for debate, but please, please, please look at the errors at the back, you obviously can not see it, which is frightening.    

He took far too long changing the formation. Barahino and Johnson shouldn't have been playing. Soaking up pressure in the first leg is dangerous. It helps to cause mistakes... Eventually we attacked. Look how they got nervous

Still.only one nill down so no reason we can't win and go to Wembley.  Just need to attack from the start and not hold off.

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Jesus H Christ!, let's be absolutely clear, Darren Moore wants us to play possession football, shirley you are not that thick that It's not been impressed on this team to keep the ball? Have you not seen the numerous unforced errors this season at the back??

Genuinely, I'm all for debate, but please, please, please look at the errors at the back, you obviously can not see it, which is frightening.    

Not tonight darling. I’ve got a headache… and don’t call me Shirley. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Darren Moore totally shackled that performance...Needed a plan B and some flexibility.  Was a total mess.

Although perhaps we need to judge that performance after the 2nd match.

He did have a plan B, as per the change on about 65minutes, which lead to us dominating the remainder of the match.

The big question is about him getting that first 65 minutes wrong and as you quite rightly say a shackled performance.

The tie is still open and will be completely different on monday

Just now, CircleSeven said:

That’s about where I am with it. Should have had Paterson given the amount of long balls we punted up of NML in the centre to run at them from deep. But overall it could have gone worse. Whatever league we are in next season our away tactics do need an overhaul IMO if we are to improve. 

NML was faultless this evening .......

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not tonight darling. I’ve got a headache… and don’t call me Shirley. 

Jeez, you had to explain the joke lol

31 minutes ago, torryowl said:

got it spot on tonight did the big lad ......let down by one mistake from hutch 

Sorry, I disagree.

We were very poor for large parts of the game and the reason we are still in the tie is due to the terrible misses from Sunderland in the second half. Could easily have been 3 or 4-0 tonight against a more clinical team. We were extremely fortunate tonight.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Who's the person telling him not to hit row z?  Awful, Awful tactics.

Blaming the manager for that error? Don't be ridiculous.

Managers decide tactics but can't account for errors like that.

We were comfortable first half and they were amazingly quiet. That mistake changed everything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owls66 said:

Sorry, I disagree.

We were very poor for large parts of the game and the reason we are still in the tie is due to the terrible misses from Sunderland in the second half. Could easily have been 3 or 4-0 tonight against a more clinical team. We were extremely fortunate tonight.

In a way you’re both right. 

Tactics, not great but also couldn’t really be helped. 

Wednesday have had dodgy looking away performances for years and years… it’s bigger than DM. 

Guest mrbluesky
Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Guess you’ve never seen the Police Squad franchise then ? 

6052BE2B-AAEB-48FD-A11A-2D56989506E7.jpeg

YES! 

That's why (just maybe) I spelt it like that, you think? (don't answer) ffs!😂

Just now, owls66 said:

Sorry, I disagree.

what terrible misses did they have ?.......

• Haha 1