Bannan. Invisible.

Guest mrbluesky
41 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Hardly offered anything tonight. 

I fear it’ll be the same Monday. I would rather him have missed tonight and be ready for Monday. 

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Do you think Palmer stood out to the neutral tonight as someone who effected the game or do  you think he played better then the average that we are used to?

I think a neutral would most likely say he was our best player as he stood out more than anyone else.

As for Palmer, he has had a good season, I think the vast majority would agree.

Have a look over on Sunderland’s  ‘Ready to go forum’ comments were made about Palmer being our only threat.

• Like 1

How can some of you say Bannan wasn’t fit, shouldn’t have started etc. He couldn’t get into the game in the first half due to their supremacy and also the way we were booting it long all the time. When Sunderland started to panic in the last 20 minutes and sat deep, Bannan was buzzing all over the final third. So he’s spent 70 minutes chasing shadows and then still had the fitness to have a good go in the last twenty. Didn’t look unfit to me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I think a neutral would most likely say he was our best player as he stood out more than anyone else.

As for Palmer, he has had a good season, I think the vast majority would agree.

Have a look over on Sunderland’s  ‘Ready to go forum’ comments were made about Palmer being our only threat.

He did better then most tonight by his own standards and yes he fluffed our best chance which by nature makes him our biggest threat. Not sure why that makes him a stand out player though.

Both teams have a couple of days recovery. Sunderland have a coach journey to look forward to on Sunday followed by a night in a hotel. They tired towards the end so not ideal preparation for them?

• Like 1

The posts saying that he was fit but got marked out the game are crazy. It's no coincidence that he barely touched the ball until the last twenty minutes. 

We've watched him demand the ball constantly all season and play regular one twos with Johnson and luongo and that barely happened at all tonight. He didn't want the ball, and even when he was open the team didn't look to pass it to him. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that he wasn't fit but was still played in the hope he could 'do a job'

• Like 1

We only got into the game because they took their best most attacking players off 

Keep them on and they'd have scored again 

I'd be fuming if I was a Sunderland fan 

We was there for the taking and they got a lucky 1 nil

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

The posts saying that he was fit but got marked out the game are crazy. It's no coincidence that he barely touched the ball until the last twenty minutes. 

We've watched him demand the ball constantly all season and play regular one twos with Johnson and luongo and that barely happened at all tonight. He didn't want the ball, and even when he was open the team didn't look to pass it to him. 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that he wasn't fit but was still played in the hope he could 'do a job'

If that’s the case it’s shocking by Moore and shocking by Bannan too. He had less touches than all bar one of the outfield players in first half, second half he wasn’t any better until they subbed off Pritchard. 

Moore should have not let this happen, Bannan as senior player and captain should have not let it happen either. 

Him, not touching the ball, not dictating play, not physical, not able…. No better than anyone on subs bench that was fit, able and willing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Was it meant to be a hamstring injury he picked up against Portsmouth ?

Bannan was still put on the pitch, running, marking, taking set pieces etc…. Out of interest, What constitutes as not being fit in your opinion ? 

• Like 1

Wow. Bannan over the last 3 months has been absolutely tremendous. Incredible really. Get off his back!
 The midfield was equally anonymous and the entire team poor to watch first half  - poor tactics IMO as proved when we switched it around - then we finally had 25 mins of attacking Wednesday. As for those loving Palmer who yes had a good game - please keep him away from their box as he simply just can’t score!!!!  Unpopular with OT..
Still - game on Monday…!

• Like 1

Bannan reminds me of Beckham, Rooney and Owen for England under Sven.

Such big name players that they had to play in the big games no matter if they were fit or not.

Even if Bannan had one leg falling off he will be playing on Monday. 

Would take a very brave manager to leave him out though.