Jump to content

I’ll take that result


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Sunderland were the better side but needed us to give them a goal. They won’t be any good at Hillsborough. 

Agree. I'm pretty positive about that result. When we started to play a little they looked a lot worse. With a firing bannan, windass up top all game and Hunt instead of Palmer playing (as he offers more going forward) I think we'll be right in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At 60 minutes, I'd have taken 2-0, we were getting such a battering.

 

We've been dreadful away all season and excellent at home. I'd be surprised if we don't score on Monday.

 

Neil has a tricky decision too. Do they set up to protect a narrow lead, or do they try to finish the tie by scoring again.

 

Looking forward to Monday. This is why you watch football. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got away with one there. We were absolutely shocking for 70 minutes. We looked completely out of ideas and lacked any confidence. To come out of that only 1-0 is a miracle. Need to get Hillsborough rocking Monday night because the boys will need it. We are capable of getting a result but the performance will need to improve about 25%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice glimpse of how confident Sunderland feel at the end.

 

Time wasting at home to see it out.

 

We know we have to score so can attack from the start on Monday.

 

Will be a long evening for them. We always needed to score to win the tie, so might as well be at home.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

makes you wonder how we got 85pts 


I’m looking back at Crewe, Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham and Wycombe. We didn’t make the early pressure count and easing the pressure cost us results in the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sunderland were desperate to see the final whistle . 
Compare their reaction at the end with Wycombes last night. 
They know full well it ain’t over 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 nil’s not an insurmountable score.

 

Played against 42 odd thousand today. They have to play against 32 thousand or so of us on Monday and the team with the best home record in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NeonLeon said:


I’m looking back at Crewe, Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham and Wycombe. We didn’t make the early pressure count and easing the pressure cost us results in the end. 

what you on about ?....those 10 games we only lost one so we got a result in the other 9 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The good thing about the pub league is that sides can often crumble when they are faced with a hostile atmosphere. They don’t come more hostile than Hillsborough when we’re on it

 

Sunderland’s fans were too busy getting a chubby on about getting a 43k attendance, once the initial noise died off  it was like any other game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Django said:

The good thing about the pub league is that sides can often crumble when they are faced with a hostile atmosphere. They don’t come more hostile than Hillsborough when we’re on it

 

Sunderland’s fans were too busy getting a chubby on about getting a 43k attendance, once the initial noise died off  it was like any other game 

Sunderland think they are owed it….we fkn want it…roll on Monday. UTO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Sunderland were the better side but needed us to give them a goal. They won’t be any good at Hillsborough. 

They needed to blow us away tonight and failed to do it,  they will know itl be a totally different game at ours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...