I’ll take that result

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Sunderland were the better side but needed us to give them a goal. They won’t be any good at Hillsborough. 

Agree. I'm pretty positive about that result. When we started to play a little they looked a lot worse. With a firing bannan, windass up top all game and Hunt instead of Palmer playing (as he offers more going forward) I think we'll be right in it.

At 60 minutes, I'd have taken 2-0, we were getting such a battering.

We've been dreadful away all season and excellent at home. I'd be surprised if we don't score on Monday.

Neil has a tricky decision too. Do they set up to protect a narrow lead, or do they try to finish the tie by scoring again.

Looking forward to Monday. This is why you watch football. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Got away with one there. We were absolutely shocking for 70 minutes. We looked completely out of ideas and lacked any confidence. To come out of that only 1-0 is a miracle. Need to get Hillsborough rocking Monday night because the boys will need it. We are capable of getting a result but the performance will need to improve about 25%. 

Nice glimpse of how confident Sunderland feel at the end.

Time wasting at home to see it out.

We know we have to score so can attack from the start on Monday.

Will be a long evening for them. We always needed to score to win the tie, so might as well be at home.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

makes you wonder how we got 85pts 

I’m looking back at Crewe, Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham and Wycombe. We didn’t make the early pressure count and easing the pressure cost us results in the end. 

Just now, NeonLeon said:

I’m looking back at Crewe, Accrington, Bolton, Gillingham and Wycombe. We didn’t make the early pressure count and easing the pressure cost us results in the end. 

what you on about ?....those 10 games we only lost one so we got a result in the other 9 

The good thing about the pub league is that sides can often crumble when they are faced with a hostile atmosphere. They don’t come more hostile than Hillsborough when we’re on it

Sunderland’s fans were too busy getting a chubby on about getting a 43k attendance, once the initial noise died off  it was like any other game 

7 minutes ago, Django said:

The good thing about the pub league is that sides can often crumble when they are faced with a hostile atmosphere. They don’t come more hostile than Hillsborough when we’re on it

Sunderland’s fans were too busy getting a chubby on about getting a 43k attendance, once the initial noise died off  it was like any other game 

Sunderland think they are owed it….we fkn want it…roll on Monday. UTO.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Sunderland were the better side but needed us to give them a goal. They won’t be any good at Hillsborough. 

They needed to blow us away tonight and failed to do it,  they will know itl be a totally different game at ours