Disgraceful attitude

Reminded me of our semi final home leg against Brighton. Sunderland should have got a similar result to the one we did that night, at least a 2 goal cushion. Remember the onslaught we faced at Brighton in the 2nd leg? Sunderland have all that and more coming. I'm confident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daavies; said:

Very harsh. Sunderland played well tonight and stopped us doing anything for 70 mins. Darren Moore changed the game and last 20, we were probably the better team. I think alot of players felt the occasion a bit tonight but it's all to play for at Hillsborough. It will be a completely different game.

Hope so.

But for that clanger we'd have got a draw out of it.

What we need, for once, is a bit of luck.

We're long overdue some.

F**k me. We go all out attack and end up leaving our back door open, lose like we did in December which however unlikely, it wasn’t impossible then I wonder what some of the f**king experts on here would’ve been saying on here? I know they would have been praising Moore 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

It’s Moore’s fault. Crap tactics and dropping Hunt was ridiculous!

I think most people that understand football would have chose not to go with width on an away first leg. Not least in front of a partisan crowd. Tight and compact iprotects the defence.

Hunt will play on Monday, on our ground with our own partisan crowd. We’ll play with width and attack. If not for Hutch’s mistake we’d have come away with 0-0.. 

9 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I think most people that understand football would have chose not to go with width on an away first leg. Not least in front of a partisan crowd. Tight and compact iprotects the defence.

Hunt will play on Monday, on our ground with our own partisan crowd. We’ll play with width and attack. If not for Hutch’s mistake we’d have come away with 0-0.. 

Attack is the best form of defence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Hunt is a better footballer than Palmer. For that reason alone he should have started or at least been introduced off the bench when we were losing.

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I’ve been Moore’s biggest critic but I’m not having that.

Wednesday were deliberately and rightly slowing the game down taking the pace out of it.

Sunderland didn’t create a lot apart from hitting the bar from 20 yards and two silly errors from Hutch and BPF.

If Hutch doesn’t do that error we’d be saying almost perfect away performance.

Yes I’d like to have seen a bit more when we had the ball but we’ll dominate on Monday and I expect us to win.

And if the shot hits the bar goes in?

8 hours ago, Willow Owl said:

100% Agree, They’re actually embarrassing themselves. We’ve lost 1-0 not 4 or 5. 
Haven't played that well but we’re still right in it. 

And we only lost from a horrendous (and unlikely) mistake

Monday we are in with a great shout

Let's hope these negative drama queen fans dont' go on Monday - we don't need them

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
5 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

Partisan crowd seems a bit much. We were signing “is this a library’” and “we forgot you were here” for most of the first half.

We need exactly the opposite on Monday night, constant noise and intimidating. 

TBH if the players can't string passes together when it really matters in front of  big crowd, then they aren't really going to thrive higher up the pyramid.

As for Moore, tonight's showing was everything that was wrong with our approach in the first part of the season, that IMO cost us the autos, too negative.

Just now, Beauchief Owl said:

TBH if the players can't string passes together when it really matters in front of  big crowd, then they aren't really going to thrive higher up the pyramid.

As for Moore, tonight's showing was everything that was wrong with our approach in the first part of the season, that IMO cost us the autos, too negative.

Screenshot 2022-05-07 at 07.00.24.png

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

We were lumping it as far as we could.

Bannan 14 first half touches? Doesn't that give you a clue to Moore's tactics?

Do you actually think Moore told the players to go and lump it forward for our small strikers to win in against two big cbs… when all season we’ve tried to get the ball down and play? 

Flipping heck 😂

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Do you actually think Moore told the players to go and lump it forward for our small strikers to win in against two big cbs… when all season we’ve tried to get the ball down and play? 

Flipping heck 😂

Yes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Hunt is a better footballer than Palmer. For that reason alone he should have started or at least been introduced off the bench when we were losing.

What I always liked about Hunt in our play offs 5/6 years ago was how calm he was. He was one of our better players in the away legs as an outlet.

Palmer did well last night but it was all a bit hopeful when it got to the box and maybe if Hunt had played he gets on the end of the one at the end. But at least he is fresh for Monday. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

And if the shot hits the bar goes in?

That’s like saying “and if every shot they have goes in”.

All you can do as a manager is set up a team that gives you the best chance. If we’d been told beforehand the only time Sunderland would really create anything would be a shot from 20 yards we’d have snapped your hand off.

Moore simply cannot control two individual mistakes from Hutch and BPF.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

That’s like saying “and if every shot they have goes in”.

All you can do as a manager is set up a team that gives you the best chance. If we’d been told beforehand the only time Sunderland would really create anything would be a shot from 20 yards we’d have snapped your hand off.

Moore simply cannot control two individual mistakes from Hutch and BPF.

Yes that’s the frustrating thing. I think other than the errors they mainly looked like scoring from a corner or a long range shot. 

But when we did make a mistake it whipped them up and created that situation after half time where there was blood in the water.

We have shot ourselves in the foot all season though