Disgraceful attitude

There’s two teams in a game - and how well you play often depends on how much the opposition lets you.

They closed Bannan down well - didn’t let him settle at all - nothing wrong with Moore’s tactics tonight IMHO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I’ve been Moore’s biggest critic but I’m not having that.

Wednesday were deliberately and rightly slowing the game down taking the pace out of it.

Sunderland didn’t create a lot apart from hitting the bar from 20 yards and two silly errors from Hutch and BPF.

If Hutch doesn’t do that error we’d be saying almost perfect away performance.

Yes I’d like to have seen a bit more when we had the ball but we’ll dominate on Monday and I expect us to win.

Exactly 

Very harsh. Sunderland played well tonight and stopped us doing anything for 70 mins. Darren Moore changed the game and last 20, we were probably the better team. I think alot of players felt the occasion a bit tonight but it's all to play for at Hillsborough. It will be a completely different game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Context - we made 1 mistake and they scored. We were second best for most of the night but are losing 1-0 at half time get a grip FFS

Exactly mate. I fancy us to get 3 at home. Put it in row Z Sammy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Luke said:

From the players tonight 

Walking about ,not fighting for the ball 

Lumping it about 

Hope moore gives them a absolute b0110cking tonight 

Jst sed this in the tactical thread..... 

It happens to many times.... I'd only be paying luongo palmer n hutch tonight for effort.. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
50 minutes ago, Luke said:

From the players tonight 

Walking about ,not fighting for the ball 

Lumping it about 

Hope moore gives them a absolute b0110cking tonight 

I’m not sure if this post is well balanced 

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

I’m not a Moore fan but tonight was always going to be about damage limitation with Sunderland’s home record

we’ll smash them at Hillsborough 

I don't see that happening with Neil in charge of them.

Under Johnson, perhaps.

We've better players, but they've a better manager.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I agree, Sunderland played very well for 70 mins, but the last period gave me plenty of hope. I actually thought our players did have a good attitude; they were willing to put their bodies on the line and largely kept their composure. 

I’m hoping Sunderland come to our place looking to defend their lead, rather than take the game to us again. Still plenty to play for and set up for a big night on Monday. 

Totally agree mate 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

We were lumping it as far as we could.

Bannan 14 first half touches? Doesn't that give you a clue to Moore's tactics?

He clearly tried to go a bit more structured in the early stages as any competent manager would in a 2 legged game when away first. But Sunderland hemmed us in and played well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Athelwulf said:

We've better players, but they've a better manager.

certainly more experienced but big daz is  coming along nicely and the football he's had us playing since christmas as been a joy to watch 

We’ve played like that every away leg bar Brentford. 

It was a horrible watch, we started the game like we finished at MK. Falling over, unable to pass, running down blind alleys. No out let and for some reason an unwillingness to clear the ball when required but hitting it long when it needed a bit of composure. Like a Derby game.

But still Sunderland didn’t look confident of scoring. Til we gave them a goal then that horrible big crowd thing happened where they get you on the ropes and that could and should’ve been tie over or at least 2 nil. 

So I am torn between thinking we are lucky to still be in it and being frustrated that we didn’t get that lucky draw we clearly set out for and could’ve got by putting a foot through it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markg said:

Or Sunderland just played better and didn’t allow us to play our game. That line up wasn’t a line up setting out for a draw 

No no no It’s. It’s. It’s not possible that Sunderland stopped us from playing our game, we should have won that game 3-0

Sack Moore

Sack Nuihu

Sack Chris Morris

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

True enough.

Listen, I'm the most negative poster on this thing.

I think we've a God-given right to be chapions of Europe, nay, club world chapions.

Not footling about in the Third Division play-offs and arguing about tactics and players dropping clangers.

lol