Got it wrong tactically but we’re still in it!

On 06/05/2022 at 22:36, Kopparberg said:

I was answering someone saying we shouldn’t camp in our own half… but no one mentioned it after MK Dons away because we won. 

We scored early goals against MK, then went on to have 32% possession 

It’s all about circumstances isn’t it…  we couldn’t get at Sunderland from the start because of the crowd. 

Our fans want to choose the narrative after the result. 

Crowd????.....did any get onto the pitch?...Pro footballers are expected to be able to deal with,and rise to, the 'big occosion'....managers too....NOT wilt in front of it......I thought myself some of the players let the manager down,on the day.....Certainly seemed to be way more animated on the touchline than he usually is.....

Play Offs are like this.....thats why i fancy WW to s**thouse their way back to a Wembley Final,and than back to the Championship......

We should have won many of the games we drew,simple fact.....But we didnt,and now see our entire season boil down to 90 minutes + any extra on Monday night....

If we dont succeed Monday,its another Year(min) of L1 football,a loss of approx 14 Million quid of TV money,and who knows what else....

I dont myself blame DM for the Sunderland loss,i think the team didnt produce.......but i DO hold him responsible for the decisions that saw us draw so many games in a poor League that has got us to this position.

YES you can do both!! & still support Darren & the team........WAWAW

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

This 

Berahino could not live with their  centre backs Paterson should have started 

They also put extra men in midfield and we tried the Mk dons tactics of Bannan doing a high press and it didn’t work 

We need to bring something unpredictable into tomorrows game 

I would like to see NML running at them 

whether that’s from the start depends on Moore

One things for sure we need to get players up with Gregory he was battling alone on Friday 

Genuinely think DM will start Pato up top tomorrow with Gregory for this reason. 

Can't say i was shocked at the first leg display, our away performances have been tame all season apart from a couple here and there, 2/3 of them have been rubbish and we've overly relied on our home form. He knew there was a second leg to play so basically parked the bus and accepted a draw/narrow defeat and banked on the home leg to bail him out. Risky tactic and it falls on his head if we don't progress tonight. It's been his tactics all season to be tame away from home and rely on home form to get us into a good position in the league, so if we come unstuck in the playoffs because of this tactic, it's on his head