Got it wrong tactically but we’re still in it!

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We didn't test their keeper at all. I can't remember him having to make a save.

Header from Motm Palmer, he also made a clanger from a cross, but I agree that we didn’t test him enough.

Thought the tactics were poor, similar to early in the season we were launching the ball forward looking for Gregory to win the headers. Over the last few months we have been playing the ball into his body so he could link the play. The ball wasn't sticking and the midfield and wide players couldn't get into the game.

looked a bit better for the last 15 when Johnston eventually pushed forward and got a couple of decent crosses in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Eh.. we went at them from the start.

I was answering someone saying we shouldn’t camp in our own half… but no one mentioned it after MK Dons away because we won. 

We scored early goals against MK, then went on to have 32% possession 

It’s all about circumstances isn’t it…  we couldn’t get at Sunderland from the start because of the crowd. 

Our fans want to choose the narrative after the result. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I was answering someone saying we shouldn’t camp in our own half… but no one mentioned it after MK Dons away because we won. 

We scored early goals against MK, then went on to have 32% possession 

It’s all about circumstances isn’t it…  we couldn’t get at Sunderland from the start because of the crowd. 

Our fans want to choose the narrative after the result. 

It’s called ignorance mate. If we had set about them from the off had chances but got countered and lost 3-0 the same people moaning would be doing the same saying ‘ why didn’t we approach the first game with more caution’

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Thought the tactics were poor, similar to early in the season we were launching the ball forward looking for Gregory to win the headers. Over the last few months we have been playing the ball into his body so he could link the play. The ball wasn't sticking and the midfield and wide players couldn't get into the game.

looked a bit better for the last 15 when Johnston eventually pushed forward and got a couple of decent crosses in.

Definately right about we failed to play it into Gregory's chest, which is how he wants it and has been linking up well like that.

We resorted to too much long balls tonight which suprised me, thought if anything we may have overplayed and got into trouble that way.

We were off it, but at home is where we've done the damage this season. I think we still will finish them off, they don't look all that to me.

The 3 day turnaround is vital here.

I reckon we've got more left in the tank.

Sunderland absolutely ran on adrenaline for an hour... that's why we couldn't get going.

They can't reproduce that on Monday and we'll pick them off I think.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Another big game that Moore screwed up tactically.

If he doesn't deliver on Monday, then hopefully we won't make the same mistake as we did keeping Carlos on after he bottled the play offs.

Get rid.

Yeah let’s change manager yet again. Because that’s really worked for the last 20 years.

7 hours ago, katie melua said:

I assume the moaners on here would be praising Moore for a tactical masterclass if we went gung ho at them, failed to score, and lost 3 or 4-0

No-one is or was asking for "gung-ho"...................what we DID want was a bit more front foot and less passive , it`s like we were waiting to concede.

You can`t honestly think , after watching all season , that we look at our best when we try to contain ?......................recklessness would have been foolish , but`s let`s be honest here , you must have wanted us to have been a bit more progressive surely.

• Like 3

Guest Musttryharder
10 hours ago, flash said:

AN 1 v 0 DM unfortunately. 

We looked flat. We had little plan apart from not conceding. We barely had a shot. So many players not at the races.  DM got it wrong tactically! 

BUT that was Sunderland at home in front of a huge crowd. Were they that good or was it yet another error from us gifting them a lead. Nothing special at all! 

We’re still in this. AN will set them up to sh1thouse and sweat out a 1-0.
Attack them FFS DM! We can do these. 

Its shocking when DM didnt factor in the Hutch mistake. Poor tactics. I suppose 42000 home fans didnt really assist Sunderlands cause again, another bad tactical decison by DM not to factor in. All in all DMs fault for the 1-0 deficit on the night. FFS . They did to us what we have been doing to mosy clubs this second half of the season, they were in our faces from the off. Different story on  Monday. Do they stick or twist with a 1-0 lead. So taking into account all this, where did DM get it wrong tactically?