Got it wrong tactically but we’re still in it!

AN 1 v 0 DM unfortunately. 

We looked flat. We had little plan apart from not conceding. We barely had a shot. So many players not at the races.  DM got it wrong tactically! 

BUT that was Sunderland at home in front of a huge crowd. Were they that good or was it yet another error from us gifting them a lead. Nothing special at all! 

We’re still in this. AN will set them up to sh1thouse and sweat out a 1-0.
Attack them FFS DM! We can do these. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We have to accept that Sunderland’s press totally shut our midfield down. 

They tired as the game went on, hence we had more possession. We HAVE to start with 100% tempo on Monday or it’ll be tough to break them down. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Frustrating. 

I thought Sunderland looked poor for much of the game. Annoyed that we seem to sit so deep and allowed ourselves to be intimidated. Those two defensive mistakes at the back were absolutely unforgivable. 

Perhaps the tactic here was to let them tire themselves out for the Hillsborough visit. No idea, what I do know is that we are a goal down and will need to give Sunderland a f**king hiding when they come to us. 

It's all to play for. Remember that, fellow Owls.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

We have to accept that Sunderland’s press totally shut our midfield down. 

They tired as the game went on, hence we had more possession. We HAVE to start with 100% tempo on Monday or it’ll be tough to break them down. 

Exactly this.

Dont for a minute think we played defensively on purpose, think Sunderland got in our faces, pressured us and stopped us getting any rhythm at all. Once they tired we came right into it and looked quite dominant.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Frustrating. 

I thought Sunderland looked poor for much of the game. Annoyed that we seem to sit so deep and allowed ourselves to be intimidated. Those two defensive mistakes at the back were absolutely unforgivable. 

Perhaps the tactic here was to let them tire themselves out for the Hillsborough visit. No idea, what I do know is that we are a goal down and will need to give Sunderland a f**king hiding when they come to us. 

It's all to play for. Remember that, fellow Owls.

I thought they looked a decent side tbh. I’m not sure if they backed off because they grew tired or because they wanted to protect their lead, but I hope they  sit back on Monday. I also thought they looked strong on each wing. 

Im sure it will look a different game on Monday though.

Sets us up as if we are Crewe - fooookin hell we are Sheffield Wednesday let’s have a fooookin go

id rather fail fighting than trying to whimper out a 2-1 aggregate win. 

Edited by OwlerIT2
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I thought they looked a decent side tbh. I’m not sure if they backed off because they grew tired or because they wanted to protect their lead, but I hope they  sit back on Monday. I also thought they looked strong on each wing. 

Im sure it will look a different game on Monday though.

Aye they score first and it’s game over 

• Thanks 1