Palmer - my Man of the Match

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Not much to pick from but yeah I'd go for Palmer MOM. 

Jordan Storey !

3 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I know he gets forward. I get that. But it's not a... continuous threat or potent threat. With hunt, he gets a yard on you he whips a ball in. He will drive at you as a full back. If I'm facing up at Palmer I know he doesn't want to attack, doesn't know how to beat a man and wants to play backwards. It's so, so much easier to defend against Palmer than Hunt. Which makes their full backs more confident, sufficiently so to press us further up the pitch.

This

We didn’t deliver a single good ball from the right today (apart from Bannan’s free kick)

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Storey didn't particularly stand out, which is not always a bad thing for a defender.

He was solid enough.

But Dean won so much in the air and kept Stewart quiet when faced with him.

Jordan Storey was our best player tonight, it’s that simple ! 

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, shandypants said:

Are you his Dad or Husband or something? Just vote for him in the MoM thread if you think he was our best player 

I will, thanks 

5 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Palmer was the only player that offered any threat going forward.

He gets in good positions but he lacks composure or belief when he gets near the oppositions penalty area and any threat we had just fizzles out.

Hunt is miles better as an attacking threat.

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, PortlandOwl said:

You're entitled to your opinion. 

Jordan Storey ! 

Palmer did all he could, granted. I think Moore should have stuck with Hunt though. Palmer rwb affects the way we attack (less quality) and affects the way we defend (Storey playing tighter). I'd  have left Palmer at lcb, played Hunt and not played Dean.

Dean looked unfit (as did Bannan).

He’s been great all season to be fair proper unsung hero. Creates very little in an attacking sense but was desperately trying  to get into good positions when we were going forward tonight looked most likely 2nd half and had that interception and charge up the pitch in the first half too.