Gregory's striker partner

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

NML looks lost in any position through the middle. I can’t fathom him playing as a 10.

I’m not a fan either, he’s clearly better running at people from a deeper / wider position. But then Paterson has seemed equally ineffective to me in the games I’ve seen him partner Gregory and the stats seem to back that up.

Berahino and Windass are the obvious first choices and I’d consider Kamberi ahead of NML and Paterson to be honest although Paterson would probably be my first choice to lead the line if Gregory was absent 

12 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I’m not a fan either, he’s clearly better running at people from a deeper / wider position. But then Paterson has seemed equally ineffective to me in the games I’ve seen him partner Gregory and the stats seem to back that up.

Berahino and Windass are the obvious first choices and I’d consider Kamberi ahead of NML and Paterson to be honest although Paterson would probably be my first choice to lead the line if Gregory was absent 

NML is better a late impact sub running at tired defences, bring Kamberi on if we want to wear the linesmans "flag arm" out. LG/SB has to be the starting pair with Windass on for SB in the last half hour.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

Berahino

Windass

Paterson

NML isn't effective enough up front and Kamberi is absolute dog meat.

You've done it now.  Tewkesbury will be along soon to bore us silly with a lengthy post full of obscure stats that show that we would have been better off all season if Kamberi had played instead of Gregory. 😁

• Like 1

Berahino with Gregory is arguably our best front two. For me they start at home every time.

However tonight we are away and it might be a battle so it wouldn’t surprise me if he went with Paterson. I’ve thought for a while that he may well score one of the most important goals of the season before it’s over with and tonight could be the night?

• Like 1

Hopefully Patto is only there to warm the bench, and come on for the last 10 mins to give either of  Gregory&Berahino a rest after they each bag a brace to put us 4-1 up.

If he replaces Bannan then we might as well shut the shop and prepare for LG1 again. He is too slow.