Jump to content

We are going to get flagged.


Recommended Posts

So far we’ve raised £3350. This is all through fan donations, for which we are eternally grateful. Yet again Sunderland fans have shown themselves to be the most generous fans! All the money raised will go to displays.

 

We would raise that in a day in here. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty cringey then these fake Euro ultra style flag displays in my opinion. Massive flags for ten seconds then no extra atmosphere.

 

The hilarious little section at Portman Road earlier this season springs to mind. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We should have been organising some sort of display for monday by now, any attempt to organise one now and we get called copycats

'Displays' are VERBOTEN by order of the SAG Reichstag.

 

Unless at their spiritual home, the cesspit just at the bottom of the moor.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We should have been organising some sort of display for monday by now, any attempt to organise one now and we get called copycats

Yes we could have a massive flag on 1 side of the ground…oh wait hang on the 90’s are calling

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:


We don’t need plastic displays.

 

Just wear the colours and sing your hearts out for the lads.

 

Hillsborough at its best.

Even though I was at the game v Portsmouth, I watched the highlights and you don’t realise how many fans are wearing the shirts and colours, the whole ground is pretty much in blue and white.

whatever happened to the big flag that used to surf the kop?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, farlego said:

Even though I was at the game v Portsmouth, I watched the highlights and you don’t realise how many fans are wearing the shirts and colours, the whole ground is pretty much in blue and white.

whatever happened to the big flag that used to surf the kop?

Sag

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't force pashun..

It has to be spontaneous

 

Bit like when me grandma used to make me dance at weddings and stuff....though I pretended for a minute or two...then when she weren't looking  went back to the bar.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We should have been organising some sort of display for monday by now, any attempt to organise one now and we get called copycats

NO

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:


We don’t need plastic displays.

 

Just wear the colours and sing your hearts out for the lads.

 

Hillsborough at its best.

Agree with this.

 

Always a bit cringey when you have to try and ‘create an atmosphere’ by using flags or them stupid clapper things etc

 
And please don’t start shining torches on Monday night either. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I was at the FA CUP third round game where Wrexham beat Arsenal and the Arsenal fans had a massive flag that they unfurled before the game. It was upside down and they lost. An omen I tell you.

These things look pretty for 10 seconds, but if they go wrong you are a laughing stock.

Edited by BridportOwl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

We should have been organising some sort of display for monday by now, any attempt to organise one now and we get called copycats

Dio we still have the massive Owls flag.

 

I remember Wembley in 1993 the flag must have been 100ft + being past around the stands.

 

but in all seriousness, we just need to get Hillsborough rocking and an intense atmosphere, thats all the team will need and of course lots of goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dio we still have the massive Owls flag.

 

I remember Wembley in 1993 the flag must have been 100ft + being past around the stands.

 

but in all seriousness, we just need to get Hillsborough rocking and an intense atmosphere, thats all the team will need and of course lots of goals.

It's got the old club crest, like the O in Owlstalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got 9,999 vuvuzelas to shift for the home game at £1.50 a pop (heavily discounted due to helping out the cost of living).

sold one of them before the Pompey game, to someone called Big D and later seen in the Don.

 

Hillsboro corner again.. from 6pm tonight..

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...