SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY (Play off 1st Leg) OMDT

34 minutes ago, Jim said:

If we’d have played the kind of game we have been doing then yes we could’ve put Sunderland to the sword.

If we had gone on the front foot and it hadn’t had worked then Moore would have been getting more pelters than he may get over the next 48 hours or so.

As I said in the post you’ve replied to, there will come a time where we have to play the same way away that we do at home particularly if we’re still in League 1 but despite the experience we have, I still feel we’re a work in progress as the errors particularly defensively we make show we’re not where we want to be.

Moore has a job to do in the short term while he tries to implement the style he wants to which will benefit us long term. On the flip side we go out on Monday then there will be some who say we need the type of Neil/Ainsworth type of manager to sh!thouse our way forward which is their opinion which they are entitled to.

I think Moore is the right man for us long term and he’s got more things right than wrong this season including tonight’s tactics. On to Monday and then wherever our next game will be hopefully Wembley?

Rubbish,

Last few games weve been great,

He reverted to the early season not get beat trippy happy,we lost again to a schoolboy error..2nd half we changed and it was all us..

So why not play all game like that..

Best squad,highest budget,if we dont go up

Moore for me,haste go..

Gutted with tonight, we hardly offered anything going forward as seen many times before.

People slagging Berahino when he is playing out on a limb with 2-3 markers running him down and no one close.

Gregory hardly in the game same reason as above - he took a battering from their CBs btw.

why no midfield runners to support them? 
Must be Moore laying down his midfield commandments - Thou shalt not cross the half way line FFS

Not happy and lucky we got away with 1-0 but a poor show for us and the 2.5k that made the journey.

As a Wednesday fan we fear no one and expect better, 

1 minute ago, OwlerIT2 said:

People slagging Berahino when he is playing out on a limb with 2-3 markers running him down and no one close.

Gregory hardly in the game same reason as above - he took a battering from their CBs btw.

These are important points and have to be considered when judging their performances. They were pretty much left to it on their own until the first substitution. Berahino in particular is not suited to that kind of thankless slogging. Gregory battled hard but the odds were against him the vast majority of the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

These are important points and have to be considered when judging their performances. They were pretty much left to it on their own until the first substitution. Berahino in particular is not suited to that kind of thankless slogging. Gregory battled hard but the odds were against him the vast majority of the time.

Berhinio was shocking 

Offered nothing 

We only started looking like a team after he went off 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, brando said:

Rubbish,

Last few games weve been great,

He reverted to the early season not get beat trippy happy,we lost again to a schoolboy error..2nd half we changed and it was all us..

So why not play all game like that..

Best squad,highest budget,if we dont go up

Moore for me,haste go..

Your opinion. First leg of a tie is always tricky particularly when it’s away from home. Moore decided to go the way he did which was his call. I think he was a Hutchinson error away from getting it spot on but you like some others want him out which is fair enough. We’ll then proceed to get a difficult negative tw@t like we’ve had at least 3 times before under Chansiri and Hillsborough will be a happy place again 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was a very frustrating performance, we never got going, gave the ball away cheaply, lumped hopeful balls up the field that were easily cut out, we got better in the last 15 when the Mackems tired themselves out but despite this we are still very much in the game, ask Real Madrid. roll on Monday.

• Like 2