SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY (Play off 1st Leg) OMDT

Just now, N0rtherner said:

1-0, better than what MK got to overcome, time to put on 90 minutes of imposing football on Monday.

Judging by some comments on here, thought we were conceding every other minute, we may have been poor tonight, but we're still leaving 1st leg at Sunderland only one goal down.. they will be REALLY disappointed it's not more!

Yep plus we will be at home, we have played better at home all season... Was important we didnt concede a second, which we were lucky not too, those misses may come back to haunt them..

• Like 2

Result just one Hutch mistake away from decent. Sunderland a better side than I expected but burnt themselves out.

We need Bannan to be fit for Monday, think we can score 3 or 4 at home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Owl-about-that-then said:
4 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

He got forward first half too.
Thought he was one of the better players tbh

He might have got forward but there was zero end product 

Admire the confidence in some of fans for the 2nd leg, I'll be honest I don't see it been a successful night for us, Neil will set them upto sh!thouse all night, he's a master of it,and we struggle against teams like that. I think the occasion has got to them unfortunately. 

Moore has a lot of explaining to do setting us up like that? Why? Just play our normal game, we aren't a side that is capable of sitting deep and soaking up pressure. Just like Huddersfield, going to set up for a draw has cost us promotion 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

It says it all really that we would take a 1 nil but wouldn’t have on 40 mins or so. They were pressuring us but didn’t look comfortable in terms of finishing it until we gave them a 1 v 1.

Its always the risk when you try to contain a team, but we needed to do that and it was important we didnt lose by more than one or it would be all but over... as it stands its still all to play for..

Just now, sexpistol said:

We were the better team last 25 minutes but didn’t create much.

They were the better team for the first 65 minutes and didn’t create much either. Scrappy game where we didn’t seem ready for the pressure Sun’lun put on us, but they didn’t really manage to break us down bar a mistake.

One bad slip by a player who has barely put a foot wrong all season has decided this. Otherwise him & Palmer were excellent.

Based on the first hour, I'd take that all day & the latter stages they were panicing & hanging on. There is nothing to be scared of here.

I'm confident we can turn this round. Think like it's the Portsmouth game - behind early on, but come firing back and get three, four.

• Like 3

So. Sunderland scored one goal (the one we gifted them). We are bang average away from home and they are the second best team at home. They are average away and we are the best side in the league at home. Game on. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, malcolm said:

For all Sunderlands possession it was Hutchinsons mistake they scored from.Set up nicely for us at Hillsborough,I reckon we'll do this.UTO

They didn't create that much one piece of brilliance from Pritchard and couple of decent-ish shots