SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY (Play off 1st Leg) OMDT

5 minutes ago, striker said:

To be perfectly honest we've been second best in that half, despite that bar a mistake not been many chances.

I'm not going to castigate Hutchinson for that, these things happen, it wasn't on purpose. 

I'm more concerned that we can't keep hold of the ball, string any passes together and created nothing of note. 

As we stand, best hope we don't go Monday's game with a greater deficit. Still 45 minutes left, if we can get our act together there's at least an equaliser in this game. The next goal is crucial.

Absolutely nailed on. Even a 1-0 loss means we've still have everything to play for come Mon Night.😉

• Like 2

Trying to play safe. 
To be fair if we’d gone in 0-0 and hutch had put that into row z we would have. 
Don’t like it though as we’re better than this. 
No use being 0-2 or whatever then saying we’ll go for it in the home leg. Too late then. 
BB is definitely playing within himself though. No doubt about that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Like I said. Calm down. You’ll do yourself a mischief. Absolutely nothing in the game. Both teams affected by the occasion. One mistake has been punished. Simple as that 

If you say so……we’ve defended all the half, shown absolutely nothing up front…..but if you’re happy with that then so be it 🤔

• Haha 1

I don’t necessarily think we’ve played to contain them I just think they’ve been on us so quickly that we keep giving away possession cheaply. Likes of Berahino, Byers and Johnson just seem second to ball too often… even Gregory and Bannan having little influence  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hutch should have put that in the stand but he dithered.

Apart from that poor first half, playing far to deep and not giving them any problems up front. Need Windass on for Berahino and be more adventurous.

Was that Darren trying to play the low block?

We are clearly trying to contain them which we were doing well until the mistake..  last thing you want is be 2 or 3 down going back home..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, doubled123456 said:

Hutch been fab all season? Don't agree, he cost us before by his slow legs and poor positioning.

not saying anyone’s been error-free but I’d still far rather we had him than the opposites did, until that’s no longer the case I’ll say he’s doing well

Hutch should know better - poor individual mistake.

Kept them at arms length and quietened their crowd for a while.

Berahino winning nothing - Patterson / Windass on for the second half please.