SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY (Play off 1st Leg) OMDT

Two equally matched teams, will be a difficult game to call.

Win lose or draw, we've got another game to come on Monday, nothing is settled tonight. 

And whatever the outcome of these two games, this season has been positive, building momentum moving in the right direction.

On our day we can beat anyone, have shown a mental resilience, can play under pressure in the big games and score goals.

A 1-1 draw wouldn't surprise me, but I'd love us to nick it, going for 1-2 Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, darklord said:

Hoping is more like Brighton 1st leg than the 2nd.

I've a really tough gravel bike race in the morning,  my body doesn't need anymore stress lol

Deserve punishment for racing gravel bikes when mountain bikes exist 😂

6 minutes ago, farlego said:

I just hope we don’t have a similar approach to the game(s) and definitely an overall result as we did against Huddersfield. I can’t go through that again.

I'd take that result all day long. The first leg one i mean 

Edited by s29wfc

17 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

No silly mistakes, play our game and keep the game within striking distance for Hillsborough on Monday. 2nd leg at Hillsborough feels huge this time, we're so brilliant at home I'd fancy us even with 2 goal deficit.

I’d rather not test your 2 goal deficit theory! I think such a gap has only been overcome twice in the history of the play offs. I’m expecting a draw tonight which will set us up for a fantastic evening on Monday

Thanks again Snoots old bean! Well this is it ( or at least one third of it). The recent performance at MK Dons fills me with confidence but you just don’t know. We have players who have played in front of big crowds before so they shouldn’t be overawed by a large mob at Sunderland…main objective is to score before they do that will shut the Mackems up. Interestingly, a former colleague of mine is a Sunderland fan, as are his whole family, they are called Henderson…and Jordan is his nephew!!! He lives in Spain now, wonder how he managed that🤔

44 minutes ago, darklord said:

Hoping is more like Brighton 1st leg than the 2nd.

I've a really tough gravel bike race in the morning,  my body doesn't need anymore stress lol

This has got road burn written all over it…ouch!

The levels of ‘evenly matched’ ness about Wednesday and Sunderland is mind boggling. Next to each other on the overall table, the home table and the away table. Similar attacking and defensive records. It should be very close. But of course, football being what it is it could be a surprise thrashing either way. 

Gut feeling is a 0-0 bore draw. I’m almost never right though…