SUNDERLAND -V- WEDNESDAY (Play off 1st Leg) OMDT

Surprised Hunt has been left on the bench as Palmer has that tendency to jog back on recovery, rather than sprint, which is a worry.

Hope we can defend successfully and score on the counter attack.

• Like 2

Just now, Kevan said:

Surprised Hunt has been left on the bench as Palmer has that tendency to jog back on recovery, rather than sprint, which is a worry.

Hope we can defend successfully and score on the counter attack.

That's the only surprise, really.

But we're on the outside looking in, of course. Who knows how they've looked in training, or what the medical team might be suggesting?

• Like 1

I've no problem with that team. Palmer is the more natural defender, and wingbacks wont be bombing on as much this game, so it makes sense to have a RWB who will stay deeper and play it safe. Hunt to return for the home leg when we might need to attack more and he's fresher- he did look a little tired on Saturday too. Can't forget it's only 3 days away, which I find utterly why they can't allow a few more days to recover.

So glad Dean is back, we need his experience and calmness so much for these games. Huge boost.

Great to see Bazza ok too. Only question mark is I would probably have started Patterson up top, as it's a game we may be on the back foot for periods, and his hold up play and work rate is better. Lets hope Saido gets a chance to make his mark to prove that call right.

Edited by swfc-dan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2