Already p!5$€d off

29 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

And please Mr FA, can we at least trial a clock system, it would be so simple. Just a big clock and a bloke with a button, time wasting would vanish in an instant.

I seem to remember that FIFA were planning to trial it somewhere this year or last, not sure if it ever went ahead...

Totally agree though. Drop the length of the game to 30 minute halves with the clock stopped every time the ball goes out of play and you'd get roughly the same length of game on average, but much less prone to twunts like Wycombe and Charlton turning it into a farce.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dan™ said:

I seem to remember that FIFA were planning to trial it somewhere this year or last, not sure if it ever went ahead...

Totally agree though. Drop the length of the game to 30 minute halves with the clock stopped every time the ball goes out of play and you'd get roughly the same length of game on average, but much less prone to twunts like Wycombe and Charlton turning it into a farce.

Don't drop the length of the game, I pay for ninety minutes and ninety minutes is what I want.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

If we get past Wembley not bothered if its Wycombe.

What bothers me is what DM might do, dread to think Dunkley and Paterson could line up at Wembley!

Dunkley had a good game down at Wycombe a fortnight ago dealt better than the mk did last night

• Like 2

What i don't get is they actually have half decent players to play a decent style of play. Josh Scowen is a good player in the middle of the pitch, Obita, McCleary, Vokes, Horgan, Wing, Jacobsen are all above the average level of league 1, but for some reason play a hideous style of football that doesn't really bring out the best of them as players, but works as a team. Shades of Simeone and Athletico, a group of players that aren't as bad as their style would suggest. But it works anyway, they've got one foot in the final as i'd expect them to score in the second leg 

Vokes is the sort of player we could do with up front. McCleary decent s well. Wycombe's tactics  very crude and involve players pushing and being niggly in just bout every tackle. No surprise GA has been with them for a decade, who else would want to watch them every home game whatever division they're in?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

If you keep possession and don't give away silly free kicks, is the way to play against them. 

The way we defend set pieces DM should have forced home the message about not giving away soft free kicks in dangerous positions by now.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

No cheating tonight beat em easy fair and square. Some good touches and good crosses...could have been 3 or 4

There was some cheating. Early on, hence the OP,  they were blatantly kicking the ball away every time the ball was out of play / whistle blew. 

They did much less of that than usual though. So, credit where it's do for only cheating a bit.

And because they were the better side on the day. 

7 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Don't drop the length of the game, I pay for ninety minutes and ninety minutes is what I want.

There would be MORE football played in 60 minutes, if there was a game clock than you're currently getting in 90. 

The ball was in play for less than 50 during our games with Wycombe!

That said, 35 mins each way would be even better.

13 hours ago, Willie Henderson said:

And please Mr FA, can we at least trial a clock system, it would be so simple. Just a big clock and a bloke with a button, time wasting would vanish in an instant.

as long as they don’t get the same bloke who does the big screen instant replay button at S6, ffs

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The way we defend set pieces DM should have forced home the message about not giving away soft free kicks in dangerous positions by now.

I am sure that applies to all teams, however some teams use dark arts to win them too. You only have to breathe on some players and they are looking for a foul!

1 hour ago, George Whitebread said:

Such as? 

It's 100% the number one issue for me. Miles in front of anything else. 

Time wasting, players diving to get free kicks or yellow cards dished out and play-acting by players to break up the rhythm of the game are all big issues for me.

Parachute payments  are the biggest issue IMO. Not only do you have some teams given an unfair advantage but other clubs get punished with points deductions for spending too much , yet is still less than those clubs with their failure payments.

9 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think they worked out the ball is in play on average about 58mins of that 90 hence the 30 min half suggestion

18 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

If I was a referee, I'd inform the players and managers in the dressing room before the game that I intend to stick to the rules and give yellow cards to anyone that kicks the ball away or time wastes on any way... then I'd do it, including sending anyone off that did it twice. Absolute zero tolerance. 

So one wonders why they never seem to....

9 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

If we get past Wembley not bothered if its Wycombe.

What bothers me is what DM might do, dread to think Dunkley and Paterson could line up at Wembley!

I'd be disappointed if Dunkley didn't with his heading away record.  He'd need him with all those balls flying in.  First things first, though

4 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

I'd be disappointed if Dunkley didn't with his heading away record.  He'd need him with all those balls flying in.  First things first, though

I'd be dissapointed if we didn't paly a defender that can pass a ball and play our own game.

I agree with the parachute payment issue, I thought it was to help with the wages they had to give players from the premiership when relegated, which does not happen. Teams with parachute payments should not be allowed loan players to even things up, they should be able to afford their own which would give the other clubs a better choice of loanee. This could also bring down the price of the loan players and other clubs would not have to pay as much to train and give experiance to players of the future which can make a fortune for their own clubs.