Already p!5$€d off

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

If we make it to the final I’d much rather take Wycombe on at Wembley than MK Dons.

MK Dons have some very good footballers who I think could impress on the large Wembley pitch.

fair point about the pitch. We just seem to struggle against Wycombe though, quite a physical side that seem to know how to play against us and get results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Whitebread said:

Just watching these cheating twunts does my head in. 

Why is blatant kicking the ball away almost never punished? 

It's not "gamesmanship", it's cheating.

They’ve outplayed mk dons tonight 

• Like 1

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

fair point about the pitch. We just seem to struggle against Wycombe though, quite a physical side that seem to know how to play against us and get results. 

Agreed but at Wembley (if we make it) I think having Bannan and Luongo playing on that big pitch could give us the edge over a side like Wycombe.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

We’ve seen it all season at Hillsboro,most teams want to break our play & waste time,it’s not just wycombe

its efficient for tinpot teams they know we play football so they’ll do owt to kill momentum they can’t match us when we get going 

Wycombe will find it tough on a big pitch like Wembley..  Which ever team Either us or Sunderland play will be tough and frankly one way or another all 4 teams deserve to be in the final...  With Wycombe its all about clinical finishing, if you can get ahead against them then their game plan of sit back and waste time and hit on the counter hoping to nick a goal from a set peice will be more difficult, on the flip side if you go go a goal down against them then it makes their job easier..

I think the reason Wycombe have done so well in league one but so poorly in Championship is cause you can get away with it in league one where as you get punished in the championship...  At Wembley we should have at least a Championship level Ref so it is to be seen if he would let them get away with it..  But they can still play football, cheating is not their only weapon in their arsenal, they just use that very effectively when they come up against a team that is better at football than they are, they just do it slightly more cunningly than kick the s&&t out of the opposition..

2 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Wycombe will find it tough on a big pitch like Wembley..  Which ever team Either us or Sunderland play will be tough and frankly one way or another all 4 teams deserve to be in the final...  With Wycombe its all about clinical finishing, if you can get ahead against them then their game plan of sit back and waste time and hit on the counter hoping to nick a goal from a set peice will be more difficult, on the flip side if you go go a goal down against them then it makes their job easier..

I think the reason Wycombe have done so well in league one but so poorly in Championship is cause you can get away with it in league one where as you get punished in the championship...  At Wembley we should have at least a Championship level Ref so it is to be seen if he would let them get away with it..  But they can still play football, cheating is not their only weapon in their arsenal, they just use that very effectively when they come up against a team that is better at football than they are, they just do it slightly more cunningly than kick the s&&t out of the opposition..

To be fair to Wycombe they had that appalling start in the Championship (lost their first 8 was it? Something like that, got their first win against us obviously) but in the end very nearly stayed up. They just ran out of games in the end. If it is them that goes up this season I fancy them to have a much better crack at it next time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

Just watching these cheating twunts does my head in. 

Why is blatant kicking the ball away almost never punished? 

It's not "gamesmanship", it's cheating.

Totally agree. Proper rules need bringing in. Stop the clock if the ball goes out. If it's kicked out on purpose to waste time. All opposition players must remain rooted to the spot like subbuteo and may only stick out a leg for 5 minutes. They'd soon stop fannying about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

Totally agree. Proper rules need bringing in. Stop the clock if the ball goes out. If it's kicked out on purpose to waste time. All opposition players must remain rooted to the spot like subbuteo and may only stick out a leg for 5 minutes. They'd soon stop fannying about. 

There's so much that could be done, and easily. More forceful refereeing with a few sendings off.

And please Mr FA, can we at least trial a clock system, it would be so simple. Just a big clock and a bloke with a button, time wasting would vanish in an instant.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Definitely would fancy us more against MK than Wycombe. Strange saying that about the team thar finished 3rd but we really seem to struggle against the Wycombe style of play. 

On the big pitch at Wembley we will do them. Let’s focus on Sunderland first though, eh?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

On the big pitch at Wembley we will do them. Let’s focus on Sunderland first though, eh?

Why focus on the next match? When in my head we just beat Real Madrid in the champions league final?