Tonight's first semi final leg one

Just now, GermanBird said:

TBH I do fear you much more than I fear Wycombe,

but I still don't want them to make it to Wembley. They just don't deserve to be promoted 

Cheer up and beat them heavily at home!!!!😘

I wouldn’t 😂 think our style of play is one you can beat, Wycombe are nasty shothouses! Nothing but love German Bird 

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

He won’t, Manning doesn’t trust him

I saw the away game at Wycombe. They were scared of him and goal came from him running at Wycombe , keeper spilled and they scored.

It’s all or nothing now. 

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Mentality of both teams approaching this game are polar opposites. 

MK Dons - Gutted to be in the play offs after missing out on automatics last weekend. 

Wycombe - Delighted to be in the play offs.

Similar to when we played Brighton. One of us wanted to be there and the other didn’t. 

are we hull?

If MK Dons had been on the beach in that final game against Plymouth it's Plymouth they'd have been playing tonight instead of Wycombe. They should have just walked 6 goals into their own net after they went 5-0 up.

• Like 2

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

we can’t break teams down when they sit back, and that’s all they’ll have to do, we’ll probably end up losing this tie quite comfortably now imo

jeez you soon chuck the towel in ,you got 89 pts so you must have broke one or two of them down 

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

jeez you soon chuck the towel in ,you got 89 pts so you must have broke one or two of them down 

We are much better when teams have to come out and we can quickly counter, our biggest problem can be overplaying the ball. One of the main things Manning has talked about this season is our difficulty beating the block, and when teams sit back unless Twine scores a free kick we find it really hard to break them down 

11 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We are much better when teams have to come out and we can quickly counter, our biggest problem can be overplaying the ball. One of the main things Manning has talked about this season is our difficulty beating the block, and when teams sit back unless Twine scores a free kick we find it really hard to break them down 

High block or low block?

lol 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, owlprince said:

Think we need to show Wycombe some respect lot of experienced pros in that team. They did a job on us a couple of weeks ago and they did one on MK tonight let’s not underestimate them. 

When are we next playing them?

lol

Yes Wycombe have an advantage but literally nothing has been settled at this moment.

55 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I haven’t read the thread, but I can’t believe how awful we were tonight. We panicked on the big stage completely and just didn’t play our game at all. We dropped to Wycombes level and let them dominate us. Some of you will laugh as I’m a Dons fan but I am completely devastated tonight. We deserved to lose, I do think we are a much better team than Wycombe when we play *our* game, and we just didn’t do that tonight. Big game on Sunday but I think that’ll be it. What a horrendous waste for what this season could have been, we have some incredibly talented players who have bottled it when it mattered most. Heartbroken. But that’s football. Good luck tomorrow night folks.

Wycombe are the only team in the top six we didn’t beat at some stage. They have a knack of dragging you into a fight. 

Having said that MK looked nervous when we played recently and I thought that could be a factor in the playoffs.

You’ve just got to go for it now, like brighton did against us in 2016 and nearly overturned it

Looking like Wycombe unless something extraordinary happens in the next leg.

Whats worse is they look like they’ll do it at a canter against a MK Dons team that offered no physicality. In an ideal world you want these two legs to be leg draining physical battles.

Our ties will take much more out if the winner I suspect t.

Edited by Morepork

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Wycombe are the only team in the top six we didn’t beat at some stage. They have a knack of dragging you into a fight. 

Having said that MK looked nervous when we played recently and I thought that could be a factor in the playoffs.

You’ve just got to go for it now, like brighton did against us in 2016 and nearly overturned it

100% think you’re right now, I hope we have the bottle for it, I just don’t think we do. Very young squad, don’t seem to be able to handle the big occasions

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

100% think you’re right now, I hope we have the bottle for it, I just don’t think we do. Very young squad, don’t seem to be able to handle the big occasions

I think it must be past the point now. If I was manning id just be saying there’s nothing to lose or to worry about losing so go and have a go 

Can't believe people saying the tie is over already! City were effectively 2 nil up in the last minute last night and lost. Don's won 5 nil at Plymouth last weekend, anything can happen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fitz44 said:

Can't believe people saying the tie is over already! City were effectively 2 nil up in the last minute last night and lost. Don's won 5 nil at Plymouth last weekend, anything can happen.

Yep, but for Ross Wallace and Gary Hooper getting the better of Stockdale (same keeper?) we might’ve lost a 2 goal cushion in the first half at Amex.