Second guessing Darren Moore

14 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Neil probably is better,

He's managed 390 matches..77 at Hamilton Academical. Overall Win rate 42.6%.

Moore has managed 193 matches..48 at West Brom. Overall Win Rate 45.6%

Arguably Moore is better.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

He was also our midfield maestro when we pasted you boys 3 - 0 at Hillsborough when we had less injuries and hadn't had 2 weeks off for Covid. He also scored the League 1 goal of the season and had more assists and scored more goals than Pilkington. One game doesn't define a player or season. 

We were relegated last season because of a points deduction, without that we would have been mid table. And trust me there was interest in Bannan when we got relegated but he decided to stay.

We'll see over the 2 legs anyway.

Barry only needs 1 leg anyway his left peg

11 hours ago, prowl said:

These games won't be easy. The 2 teams are relatively evenly matched. It could turn on a bad refereeing decision or an injury.

Id anything Sunderland have the edge looking at the form table. (only by 1 point over the last 6 games)

I agree I don't think they will be easy but I think they are a lesser team and will lose both legs

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

He's managed 390 matches..77 at Hamilton Academical. Overall Win rate 42.6%.

Moore has managed 193 matches..48 at West Brom. Overall Win Rate 45.6%

Arguably Moore is better.

As is often the case, stats on tell part of the story. Neil has managed longer and has more experience - something that should also be considered.  But it’s a marginal call.

Ultimately its what happens on the pitch that counts, which side is set up the better and who can deal best with the occasion

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

As is often the case, stats on tell part of the story. Neil has managed longer and has more experience - something that should also be considered.  But it’s a marginal call.

Ultimately its what happens on the pitch that counts, which side is set up the better and who can deal best with the occasion

True

But he also inherited a half decent squad at Sunderland...

Moore didn't here.

Just can’t agree he is the better manager, regardless what happens tonight.

Alex Neil likes to analyse teams thoroughly and set up to play against their style. 

Well, he's f00k5d now isn't he. Darren Moore's tombola machine comes into its own tonight. It's obviously been the plan all along. 

• Haha 1