Bannan. Transfer speculation.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah it's almost like him playing in midfield gives us a huge disability that we just can't shake off

I think him moving clubs isn't enough either - I think we should parade him through the streets of Sheffield naked to humiliate him and then throw him in the River Don to teach him a lesson for being so rubbish

Are you with me?

Shall we start a brigade?

What happened to "Tar and Feathering",

bring back the good old days.

From another source:

"At 32 and still under contract for another year, I wouldn't think so. He's been in the prem before. With Villa when he was quite young and with Palace seven or eight years back. I think he may have played a bit at Villa, but he struggled for games at Palace.* The third tier isn't where Prem clubs do their fishing, for the most part. It's a pretty big jump. Super-promising young talent, maybe, but not 30+ mids. And even if I could stretch my imagination enough to envision a prem club interested, it'd have to be as depth coverage and on a free. I can't imagine a first-tier club paying a fee for someone like Bannon, even if he might still be able to play at that level (which is frankly doubtful).

*I saw Palace at Spurs while he was there and he didn't even make the bench. He may have been injured, I suppose, but I don't think so. They loaned him out a couple months later in the January window..." 

Edited by pachyderm

Bannan who has lived in Birmingham for many years has moved his family home to Sheffield.  This takes a lot of doing and shows how much he loves the Club and the City. 

Players are generally a commodity that moves around with no great affinity to clubs but you can tell Bannan has found his home.

While ever he is being well rewarded and is the big fish he is going nowhere unless Chansiri tells him so. 

17 hours ago, ANDY said:

Interested in signing him…. I’m sure that they are. I’m interested in having a crack at the Duchess of Cambridge and Megan Golddigger but I think that it’s unlikely to happen.

• Haha 1

I'd be very surprised if he left even if we didn't go up, in fact I can only see him ever leaving for Celtic, a Premier League club or for silly wages. All three scenarios are highly unlikely.

He's already a Wednesday legend to me but I still think there's a few years left in him yet, even in the league above. He'll definitely still be playing at 33/34.

• Like 1