Bannan ???

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Would you rather he be rushed back for the away leg or take time for the home leg 

If it’s a choice I think we need him more for the Home leg. 

We will have to defend a lot on Friday so having Dele’s strength in there wouldn’t be such as a bad thing I suppose. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

If it’s a choice I think we need him more for the Home leg. 

We will have to defend a lot on Friday so having Dele’s strength in there wouldn’t be such as a bad thing I suppose. 

It's a tough one, without him on the pitch we will have less of the ball, which will mean even more defending..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

We’re Sheffield Wednesday. 

Of course our best player is injured for the play offs. 

Happened last time too when Hooper picked up an injury before the Huddersfield game. 

Not to mention Maclean being missing in 2005 until half way through the final 

• Like 3

I suspect he wont be in the team for the first leg away, hope we keep it tight then smash them at HIllsborough, Windass will probably come in for Bannan playing behind a front 2 of Gregory and Berahino. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I suspect he wont be in the team for the first leg away, hope we keep it tight then smash them at HIllsborough, Windass will probably come in for Bannan playing behind a front 2 of Gregory and Berahino. 

Windass (if fit) would be a capable replacement.

To be fair that's a lot more direct play than having Bazza in the team and would mean Luongo and Byers sitting a little deeper but its not a bad replacement is it!!!

• Like 1

Just now, toppOwl said:

Windass (if fit) would be a capable replacement.

Bannan is key but why risk him if we have capable replacement.

depending of the first leg i may not even risk Bannan in the second leg either, the play off legs will be won and lost on our defending i suspect.

3 proper centre back we win, Palmer or Johnson player there we could be struggling.

My thoughts too. It's a big ask for him to play on Friday, even if it turns out to not be too serious.

Assuming it's not bad news, should be seen as a warning and Bannan managed for the remaining games. 

I expect Dele-Bashiru to start on Friday though if Bannan doesn't.

• Like 2