Sunderland fan in peace

The Op sounds like one of us 

Yea he's right, we're all gonna fall out one way or another tomorrow

But be fair, what do we usually get

Bloody Charlton fans giving it the big one, ?

Nah he's shown the same respect for us that a lot of Owls fans have for Sunderland.

Its a similar history, its the same years of being run by a 3 ring sodding circus, its the same fears and hopes, and it all clashes over the next few days.

So yea , there will be rancour on either side when it pans out

But I will be honest, first game I looked for in this division when we dipped last year

Why?

Cos its Sunderland, they come in numbers and you look across from the Kop and for 90 minutes its a bloody PROPER football game

History behind it

No offence to fans of every other club in this division

But honestly?..Its bloody far better

• Like 7
  • Love 1

It looks to me like both fans are in agreement about a lot of things. They things Wycome are s-houses and don't like the franchise. Saw this on the Sunderland forum and I think it shows the respect between both clubs

"If promotion for us is not to be, I would rather lose to Wednesday than lose to either of those two in the final as I can’t stand either of them."

• Like 3

my 1st ever league game was sunderland back in the 1980s great club what have massively underachieved  ,look at some plastic league 1/2 clubs in the premier league ,how on earth are they there and us and sunderland aint. 

3 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Thank you. 

I like to think I'm ok 🙈 

Travelling up and down the country to away games for 25+ years.  You learn we are all more or less the same. 

Just love our respective teams. 

Some fan bases you seem to tie in with more.  And I'd certainly say Sheffield Wednesday are one of those.  

In my opinion. 

And I know the Sunderland fans I know think similar. 

I am very sure over the course of the 180mins which ever teams fans lose there is certain to be a bit of a "falling out"  That's football.  You're never happy to lose such a high pressured game. 

However I can assure you.  After my initial bad mood / mope around. 

Yous would have my best wishes for the final. 

Yeah you seem like a good bloke…….hope you feel gutted tomorrow night though lol

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, 1963owl said:

Yeah you seem like a good bloke…….hope you feel gutted tomorrow night though lol

Thank you mate.  

I know I'm bloody nervous already.  

We have a huge 

• Like 2

It's 2am here in Argentina, still got 6 hours left of my shift. Even when I finish i'm sure I won't be able to sleep. Excited and dreading it at the same time, just hope we don't get a tonking and we're still in it for the second leg. I think the fact Sunderland will have around 42k there will work in our favour as the pressure will be firmly on their players

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

It's 2am here in Argentina, still got 6 hours left of my shift. Even when I finish i'm sure I won't be able to sleep. Excited and dreading it at the same time, just hope we don't get a tonking and we're still in it for the second leg. I think the fact Sunderland will have around 42k there will work in our favour as the pressure will be firmly on their players

Morning Mate..  I'm in BUE for the final weekend, if we get there,  you know of any places that will show it..  based on Julio Avenue

for the weekend.

4 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Good Morning

Just got up to go in for early shift.  

Finish at 12 and then away through to Sunderland. 

Can I just wish all those travelling a safe journey. 

A good night out for those enjoying the pubs.  As has been said. 

Don't act up and you'll be fine anywhere. 

However I'm afraid that's where my good wishes end. I hope we stuff yous. 

As I'm sure you'd expect. 

Speak soon.  

Have a good day mate….at work lol

45 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Morning Mate..  I'm in BUE for the final weekend, if we get there,  you know of any places that will show it..  based on Julio Avenue

for the weekend.

I live 6 hours from BA mate so wouldn't be able to recommend anywhere really. Very doubtful you'll find a place that shows it as they generally only care about the Prem and Leeds (Bielsa factor)

Morning @Mackem1

What are you thoughts on the game last night? What are your thoughts on the return on Monday?

Here's mine. I thought we got our tactics and starting 11 completely wrong. It was one of the worst performances I've seen as a team for quite some time. We we're disjointed, off the pace both with regards to coverage on the pitch and in our thinking both on and off the ball. Bannan was anonymous, Byers and Luongo not much better. We had almost zero wide threat, which is highly unusual for us, and I think that was down to our tactics and/or mindset.

We created next to nothing, and I think that is more down to our own failings, than anything else. I'm not saying that because I am annoyed at the performance and don't want to concede any points to Alex Neill and your players, more the fact that I've seen us play on many occasions this season and we are more capable of beating ourselves, than any team beating us like that.

From a positve perspective, we are only one down at "half-time". It could have been worse. We cannot repeat that kind of performance on Monday and if we play to the levels we are easily capable of doing, we can sweep any team in this league aside. It remains to be seen if we raise our game.

I'm not sure what to make of your lot. Am I being overly critical in saying that if that's your best, then I'm surprised? I expected something different to be honest and I came away from the match thinking we can't get any worse, but can you play better?

One thing I wasn't surprised about was your fans. Friendly before the game, and after. We couldn't get in to the Wheatsheaf as it was home fans only, so we ended up at the Colliery Tavern. We chatted all things football with a loads of Mackems, with plenty of handshakes and "good luck/safe journey home" from others. I honestly expected nothing less.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Morning @Mackem1

What are you thoughts on the game last night? What are your thoughts on the return on Monday?

Here's mine. I thought we got our tactics and starting 11 completely wrong. It was one of the worst performances I've seen as a team for quite some time. We we're disjointed, off the pace both with regards to coverage on the pitch and in our thinking both on and off the ball. Bannan was anonymous, Byers and Luongo not much better. We had almost zero wide threat, which is highly unusual for us, and I think that was down to our tactics and/or mindset.

We created next to nothing, and I think that is more down to our own failings, than anything else. I'm not saying that because I am annoyed at the performance and don't want to concede any points to Alex Neill and your players, more the fact that I've seen us play on many occasions this season and we are more capable of beating ourselves, than any team beating us like that.

From a positve perspective, we are only one down at "half-time". It could have been worse. We cannot repeat that kind of performance on Monday and if we play to the levels we are easily capable of doing, we can sweep any team in this league aside. It remains to be seen if we raise our game.

I'm not sure what to make of your lot. Am I being overly critical in saying that if that's your best, then I'm surprised? I expected something different to be honest and I came away from the match thinking we can't get any worse, but can you play better?

One thing I wasn't surprised about was your fans. Friendly before the game, and after. We couldn't get in to the Wheatsheaf as it was home fans only, so we ended up at the Colliery Tavern. We chatted all things football with a loads of Mackems, with plenty of handshakes and "good luck/safe journey home" from others. I honestly expected nothing less.

Proper fans, from proper football clubs, who follow their teams through the worst times as well as the good, in numbers, always have a strong respect for each other.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Proper fans, from proper football clubs, who follow their teams through the worst times as well as the good, in numbers, always have a strong respect for each other.

I totally agree. It felt very much that way.

Good Morning All. 

Bit of a bad head.  Ha. 

Errrrrrr.  Yeah I was surprised at your performance.  I expected more from yous.  You are not a poor team.  But it certainly wasn't a great performance you last night.  However.  Its only "halftime" and I personally don't think you'll play as bad 2nd half. 

In my opinion.  Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.  Top strikes don't miss Good chances.  

I think a packed Hillsborough will see yous through to Wembley. 

I hope those who travelled up had a good night.  I thought your fans contributed towards a great atmosphere. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Good Morning All. 

Bit of a bad head.  Ha. 

Errrrrrr.  Yeah I was surprised at your performance.  I expected more from yous.  You are not a poor team.  But it certainly wasn't a great performance you last night.  However.  Its only "halftime" and I personally don't think you'll play as bad 2nd half. 

In my opinion.  Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.  Top strikes don't miss Good chances.  

I think a packed Hillsborough will see yous through to Wembley. 

I hope those who travelled up had a good night.  I thought your fans contributed towards a great atmosphere. 

You throughly deserved the win! I wasn't delighted with the result but I'm fairly happy it was just 1, should've been at least 3. Hopefully (for us) we'll continue out super form we've shown at home all season. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

You throughly deserved the win! I wasn't delighted with the result but I'm fairly happy it was just 1, should've been at least 3. Hopefully (for us) we'll continue out super form we've shown at home all season. 

As has been mentioned mate.  Its only halftime. And I fully expect to see a different Sheffield Wednesday on Monday.  

Our only saving grace is. You need to have a go which will suit us. 

One thing for sure.  Monday will he nail-biting.   Ha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

As has been mentioned mate.  Its only halftime. And I fully expect to see a different Sheffield Wednesday on Monday.  

Our only saving grace is. You need to have a go which will suit us. 

One thing for sure.  Monday will he nail-biting.   Ha. 

It really needs to be a different Wednesday or we’re fizzed. 

Sunderland played well but must be kicking themselves that the tie isn’t over after our flat display. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

It really needs to be a different Wednesday or we’re fizzed. 

Sunderland played well but must be kicking themselves that the tie isn’t over after our flat display. 

We’ll played ? Our setup made them look like Barcelona, it will be a lot different on Monday, and  they know it. That’s why they were screaming for the whistle 5 minutes from the end !! 
  We’re going up #uto