Sunderland fan in peace

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

WonkyOwl shîtposts on the BBC Have Your Say comments after every game. 

People actually do that? 

God honest actual real life people? 

I thought they just made them up? 

Did they never get over the closure of 606? 

5 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

We are ok at defending. Against Pompey a few seasons ago we beat them 1-0 at our place and just held out down there.  Not  great to watch.   But you do what you need too 

As many have said this should be the final but if we do lose I hope you lot go on and win at Wembley.

So much at stake I can see two draws and penalties 😬 - imagine the nerves then.

Good luck for this weekend, hoping you lose and we might see you the season after next in the championship.

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday V Sunderland head to head

Wednesday won 48

Sunderland Won 49

Draws 28

FFs..its even close since the sodding 1800's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historical attendances position 

Sunderland 10th

Wednesday 11th

Its f.ookin' ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiit home shirts

Sunderland 1

Wednesday 0

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

We are ok at defending. Against Pompey a few seasons ago we beat them 1-0 at our place and just held out down there.  Not  great to watch.   But you do what you need too 

We arent good at defending, so we wont come up there and sit back. We dont know how to do it. Not sure how that will work out. If you really go at us, we may get beat 2 or 3 nil. On the other hand, it may play into our hands, as at MK.

If you get a lead at SoL, id expect you to defend heavily and try and counter when you can, in the return leg. We struggle against teams that simply defend for 90 mins.

I really feel its simply too close to call, but think there will be quite a few goals in it. Brilliant watch for neutrals

4 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

The Wheatscheaf is certainly a bit more livelier with a good mix of home and away fans.  

There's normally like drinking challenges on the stage between both sets of fans.  

I used to work across Road from the City Tavern.

Not a bad spot but different clientelle on certain nights 🤣

6 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

We arent good at defending, so we wont come up there and sit back. We dont know how to do it. Not sure how that will work out. If you really go at us, we may get beat 2 or 3 nil. On the other hand, it may play into our hands, as at MK.

If you get a lead at SoL, id expect you to defend heavily and try and counter when you can, in the return leg. We struggle against teams that simply defend for 90 mins.

I really feel its simply too close to call, but think there will be quite a few goals in it. Brilliant watch for neutrals

Bloody hell man dont tell them all of secrets.  Down to you if we lose.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't call it mate, I'm crapping bricks tbh can't wait for it and who ever wins this play off will go up, nothing against Sunderland as my ex wife's from Newcastle and I hate the geordie barstewards, enjoy the ride and let's hope we can put on a real show for both sets of supporters 👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday V Sunderland head to head

Wednesday won 48

Sunderland Won 49

Draws 28

FFs..its even close since the sodding 1800's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historical attendances position 

Sunderland 10th

Wednesday 11th

Its f.ookin' ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see that we first played in the 1892-93 season.

Owls won the first game 3-2. Sunderland the return fixture three months later 4-2.

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

I see that we first played in the 1892-93 season.

Owls won the first game 3-2. Sunderland the return fixture three months later 4-2.

Oh, and also: I was thinking that's surprisingly few games between two clubs of similar pedigree who first played each other over two decades before the Great War. Which then chimed with a thought that for ages we missed each other.

From 1974 to 1984.

Then after the 84-85 season no more league games until 1996; just the R4 up game in 1993

Just three seasons in the same league in the decade after 1996; and then another ten year interruption.

Or put another way: this is only the sixth season in the past forty years where we have been in the same division.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

I really dont know why i read threads like this. I was nervous before, after reading this I probably wont sleep tonight ! Its only 3 nights away, so its getting worse and worse. I will be glad when its all over !

I totally agree.  

I'm nervous/ excited already.  

On 03/05/2022 at 20:02, Mackem1 said:

Our latest sales figures are at around the 40,000 stage including your 2,000.  

We're expecting to be around the 45,000 area by kick off.  

With your attendance on Monday it will be touching 80,000 over the 2 games which is crazy!!! 

EFL record by the sounds of it

How's everyone feeling. 

I'll be honest.  The nerves are just starting to kick in.  

Looking like our crowd will be c42/43k tomorrow night.  

With 39k at yours (is it?) 

Looking around 80,000 for both games. 

Unbelievable support from both sets of fans. 

7 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

How's everyone feeling. 

I'll be honest.  The nerves are just starting to kick in.  

Looking like our crowd will be c42/43k tomorrow night.  

With 39k at yours (is it?) 

Looking around 80,000 for both games. 

Unbelievable support from both sets of fans. 

Our stadium holds over 39k, but has been reduced to around 34,500 - it will be a sellout, but only about 32k in the ground because of SAG.

We are not allowed to sell all the tickets, even at a reduced capacity, there will be gaps on the Kop, and the section near the away on the North will be corned off. We will only be allowed 1k on the bottom of the Leppings Lane End, even though it holds a lot more.....

6 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We are not allowed to sell all the tickets, even at a reduced capacity, there will be gaps on the Kop, and the section near the away on the North will be corned off. We will only be allowed 1k on the bottom of the Leppings Lane End, even though it holds a lot more.....

All this winds me up!!! It needs addressing seriously. There may end up being another 2000 of our fans who would have gone to this game by Monday night but can’t because of “safety issues” even though it’s all been sold before in the not too distant past. It’s just crazy.

• Like 1