Sunderland fan in peace

First leg is critical I think. If Wednesday get a result (win or draw) at the stadium of light I expect us to get over the line at Hillsborough.

If we lose the first leg I think we might panic and Sunderland will do it.

Just hoping we don’t lose by 2 or more away so that we’re still in the game for the second leg.

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yeah, we have plenty in our fan base too. Probably starting with me lol

Cheers for the heads-up on the pubs. Mentioned it to my mates and it looks like we'll be getting the urine extracted by the comedian in the Wheatsheaf.

The Wheatscheaf is certainly a bit more livelier with a good mix of home and away fans.  

There's normally like drinking challenges on the stage between both sets of fans.  

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Wednesday V Sunderland head to head

Wednesday won 48

Sunderland Won 49

Draws 28

FFs..its even close since the sodding 1800's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Historical attendances position 

Sunderland 10th

Wednesday 11th

Its f.ookin' ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just seen the form table.  I think we're top. Wycombe 2nd. You are 3rd. Franchise 4th. 

There's nothing between all 4 of us 

• Like 4

I can’t call this one. Suspect we will lose at SOL and win at Hillsborough. Going down to goal difference or pens.

I am finding the mutual respect refreshing. Both clubs are absolutely desperate for this though. 

If Sunderland do win then I do hope they go up. Because they’ve been here too long but also because they are a guaranteed top six place again next season for us to compete with and we could do without them and Derby .

• Like 4

Our latest sales figures are at around the 40,000 stage including your 2,000.  

We're expecting to be around the 45,000 area by kick off.  

With your attendance on Monday it will be touching 80,000 over the 2 games which is crazy!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I can’t call this one. Suspect we will lose at SOL and win at Hillsborough. Going down to goal difference or pens.

I am finding the mutual respect refreshing. Both clubs are absolutely desperate for this though. 

If Sunderland do win then I do hope they go up. Because they’ve been here too long but also because they are a guaranteed top six place again next season for us to compete with and we could do without them and Derby .

I personally think that's because both fan bases are very similar pal.  

Passionate.  

Vocal 

Huge numbers home and away 

And both deserve better 

• Like 4

Guest Wonky Owl
9 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Morning All. 

As the title says.  I come in peace.  

Just wondering your views on our upcoming games.   2 huge clubs who should not be in this league.   

Disappointed with the respective away allocations.  And would hope that's more down too the sag and local police.  I believe the winners of our game will win at Wembley. 

Always had a soft spot for Sunderland. Bit like Wednesday MASSIVE club with a class fanbase, ground, trophies etc. It's just a shame you guys can't play each other in the final at Wembley, what an occasion that would've been. Football fans across the world tuning in to watch the battle of the sleeping giants in front of a record crowd. Shame. There will still be a MASSIVE 40k at Hillsborough in the second leg though and i'm sure you guys will get a half decent crowd at your place too. Good luck to both teams anyway and i hope you both get back to the premiership soon were you belong. Fact.

From a Manchester City fan.

2 minutes ago, Wonky Owl said:

Always had a soft spot for Sunderland. Bit like Wednesday MASSIVE club with a class fanbase, ground, trophies etc. It's just a shame you guys can't play each other in the final at Wembley, what an occasion that would've been. Football fans across the world tuning in to watch the battle of the sleeping giants in front of a record crowd. Shame. There will still be a MASSIVE 40k at Hillsborough in the second leg though and i'm sure you guys will get a half decent crowd at your place too. Good luck to both teams anyway and i hope you both get back to the premiership soon were you belong. Fact.

Oh it's that troll that craves attention off the BBC website.  Hi and welcome.  Good luck cos your posts usually sound like utter rubbish.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

I personally think that's because both fan bases are very similar pal.  

Passionate.  

Vocal 

Huge numbers home and away 

And both deserve better 

They are indeed. Very similar clubs in my opinion.

• Like 1

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland, ever since they beat Leeds in the 73 FA Cup final.

I'll never forget Keith Macklin's commentary after Jim Montgomery pulled off some outstanding saves, "is this man human!"

Jesus, that was 39 years ago, I'm going for a lie down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I live up in North East now (clue in name) and can definitely assure everyone that Sunderland fans are great. Realistic, enjoy the game for what it is and are very friendly. Especially when they always get me tickets to sneak in the home end. Although the journey home after shipping 5 was a bit poo . 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Wonky Owl said:

How many fans are we expecting at Hillsborough Wonky? Have you informed SAG of the capacity increase?

Anyway, glad to see your branching out from BBC shîtposting 😂

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

I always had a bit of a soft spot for Sunderland, ever since they beat Leeds in the 73 FA Cup final.

I'll never forget Keith Macklin's commentary after Jim Montgomery pulled off some outstanding saves, "is this man human!"

Jesus, that was 39 years ago, I'm going for a lie down.

49 years ago (I hope you're still lying down)...

• Haha 7

I’m glad we’ve got Sunderland in the semi’s because if we make it to Wembley we’ll be playing Wycombe or MK franchise who’ll only bring a couple of taxi loads so hopefully we’ll be allocated a few thousand more tickets like we were against Hartlepool.

If we lose to the Black Cats I hope they get promoted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackem1 said:

The Wheatscheaf is certainly a bit more livelier with a good mix of home and away fans.  

There's normally like drinking challenges on the stage between both sets of fans.  

So you're telling me we're going to embarrass you in two sports in your own back-yard? Mate, that's gonna hurt some peoples pride lol

• Haha 3