Sunderland fan in peace

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Proper fans, from proper football clubs, who follow their teams through the worst times as well as the good, in numbers, always have a strong respect for each other.

They weren't much respect between fans outside ground after game, lots of shenanigans going off. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mackem1 said:

Good Morning All. 

Bit of a bad head.  Ha. 

Errrrrrr.  Yeah I was surprised at your performance.  I expected more from yous.  You are not a poor team.  But it certainly wasn't a great performance you last night.  However.  Its only "halftime" and I personally don't think you'll play as bad 2nd half. 

In my opinion.  Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.  Top strikes don't miss Good chances.  

I think a packed Hillsborough will see yous through to Wembley. 

I hope those who travelled up had a good night.  I thought your fans contributed towards a great atmosphere. 

I think the mistake that led to your goal spoilt our game plan.

It seemed to me the plan was to keep you out, frustrate the crowd and get you nervous once the 60 minutes were up. Then we step up a gear.

The goal completely changed the game. It looked destined for a 0-0 or a 1-0 Wednesday win. Once you scored, your confidence levels increased big time and we had to dig deep to keep you at bay. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the 5-0 was in the minds of the players.

You deserved the win and deserved to take a slender lead. Our game almost paid off but the second best result ended for us. It's just 1-0 at half time

• Like 1

Just seen the highlights and they should have put us to bed. Stewart should have buried that chance from the BPF mistake

Monday will be completely different with our fans behind us. If we can get an early goal I think we'll go on to win quite comfortably

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

It really needs to be a different Wednesday or we’re fizzed. 

Sunderland played well but must be kicking themselves that the tie isn’t over after our flat display. 

Yeah I know I'm a tad frustrated today for not getting a 2nd.  But.  Time will tell 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

They weren't much respect between fans outside ground after game, lots of shenanigans going off. 

Let's be honest.  A huge game between 2 big fan bases was always going to bring the idiots out.  

Happens all the time 

• Like 4

Can see Sundeland doing to us what i thought we should have done to them yesterday.

Come out of the blocks 1st 15 mins, get a goal and quieten the fans down. 

Then look to frustrate /slow the game down, basic Wycombe play and turn the fans against the players.

Quiet stadium, frustrated fans and players not wanting the ball as they're too scared of making a mistake.

Half the job done in the first 30 mins.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, savi said:

Can see Sundeland doing to us what i thought we should have done to them yesterday.

Come out of the blocks 1st 15 mins, get a goal and quieten the fans down. 

Then look to frustrate /slow the game down, basic Wycombe play and turn the fans against the players.

Quiet stadium, frustrated fans and players not wanting the ball as they're too scared of making a mistake.

Half the job done in the first 30 mins.

That's the spirit :duntmatter:

• Haha 7

It was a miserable performance last night and I genuinely believed we would go there and sneak a win, but I can't understand the mindset of Hutchinson for that error. 

I keep seeing our fans say we will still win the return leg but I don't see it personally. I think it will go all the way to pens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

It was a miserable performance last night and I genuinely believed we would go there and sneak a win, but I can't understand the mindset of Hutchinson for that error. 

I keep seeing our fans say we will still win the return leg but I don't see it personally. I think it will go all the way to pens. 

Na 4-1 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

Ermmm

If we get to pens we will have won the return leg. 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

I don’t think you’ve  really thought about that post lol have you !  #uto 

40 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

How will it go to pens if we don’t win the return leg?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TrendOwl said:

Hutch's mindset was obviously that he could get to a position where he could play it back with his right foot, his stronger foot I might add. I think the water on the pitch and Stewart's pace just meant he ended up being 0.25 seconds too late, no doubt in hindsight he'll wish he'd have used his right to knock it into Row Z. A few players were caught out with pitch and I think even something as basic as that will be in our favour not theirs for the 2nd leg. 3-1 Monday then 2-0 v Wycombe in the final.

3 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Good Morning All. 

Bit of a bad head.  Ha. 

Errrrrrr.  Yeah I was surprised at your performance.  I expected more from yous.  You are not a poor team.  But it certainly wasn't a great performance you last night.  However.  Its only "halftime" and I personally don't think you'll play as bad 2nd half. 

In my opinion.  Our missed chances will come back to haunt us.  Top strikes don't miss Good chances.  

I think a packed Hillsborough will see yous through to Wembley. 

I hope those who travelled up had a good night.  I thought your fans contributed towards a great atmosphere. 

Here’s my view,

great set of supporters your lot friendly and full of banter 

the roar when you scored last night was quite impressive as disappointing as it was to be hearing , first time I’ve been to the ground And was impressed by it except from getting out that’s a complete nightmare 

on to the game, Christ knows what I was watching from our team it’s a different Wednesday performance to what I know the second half of the season. It was like we completely set up for a draw. we showed no ambition to win that game, didn’t play anywhere like we do or with any energy. To be fair as the first half was drawing to a close I was bored but happy to do so because for a neutral that must of been the worst game of football every to watch. Then came the goal, those kind of. Is toy mistakes I’ve seen too many times, completely avoidable and almost gift wrapped for you. 

second half kicks off and by the 50th minute I was scratching my head thinking how is this still one- nill.

Sunderland came out looking a team wanting blood and I thought we might have been a tad fortunate to weather the storm, the game then settled back down I’d say Sunderland edging it from the 55th minute up to 80tu certainly with the better chances 

and has we all know for some reason when a team is leading and dominating a game it’s like they have give the opposition the ball to play with for the last 10 minutes so it was our turn. Plenty or should I say enough possession around the Sunderland box to create something but the story of our night was we could have played for 180 minutes and not created anything never mind scored.

what I would say about the result and this is going to sound bizare but before the game kicked off I’d have rather gone back to Hillsborough losing 1-0 than winning 1-0 I think we will come out at you at Hillsborough and the crowed will be right behind you ( I’m slightly dreading you parking through bud because we seem to struggle when treams do that against us) if we would have been winning we would have seen a cautious Wednesday and an anxious crowed at Hillsborough 

In short I’m ok with the result but disappointed not only in Wednesdays performance but it wasn’t the thriller I was expecting by some distance 

here’s to turning you over though at Hillsborough 

enjoy your trip down 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Here’s my view,

great set of supporters your lot friendly and full of banter 

the roar when you scored last night was quite impressive as disappointing as it was to be hearing , first time I’ve been to the ground And was impressed by it except from getting out that’s a complete nightmare 

on to the game, Christ knows what I was watching from our team it’s a different Wednesday performance to what I know the second half of the season. It was like we completely set up for a draw. we showed no ambition to win that game, didn’t play anywhere like we do or with any energy. To be fair as the first half was drawing to a close I was bored but happy to do so because for a neutral that must of been the worst game of football every to watch. Then came the goal, those kind of. Is toy mistakes I’ve seen too many times, completely avoidable and almost gift wrapped for you. 

second half kicks off and by the 50th minute I was scratching my head thinking how is this still one- nill.

Sunderland came out looking a team wanting blood and I thought we might have been a tad fortunate to weather the storm, the game then settled back down I’d say Sunderland edging it from the 55th minute up to 80tu certainly with the better chances 

and has we all know for some reason when a team is leading and dominating a game it’s like they have give the opposition the ball to play with for the last 10 minutes so it was our turn. Plenty or should I say enough possession around the Sunderland box to create something but the story of our night was we could have played for 180 minutes and not created anything never mind scored.

what I would say about the result and this is going to sound bizare but before the game kicked off I’d have rather gone back to Hillsborough losing 1-0 than winning 1-0 I think we will come out at you at Hillsborough and the crowed will be right behind you ( I’m slightly dreading you parking through bud because we seem to struggle when treams do that against us) if we would have been winning we would have seen a cautious Wednesday and an anxious crowed at Hillsborough 

In short I’m ok with the result but disappointed not only in Wednesdays performance but it wasn’t the thriller I was expecting by some distance 

here’s to turning you over though at Hillsborough 

enjoy your trip down 

Great post mate!   Respect for traveling up.  

Unfortunately due to the ridiculous ticket allocations (For which I believe is us who only offered you 2,000 tickets) I have missed out.  We have a loyalty point scheme in place for which most clubs have, its certainly a fair way of sorting away tickets.  But I missed out. So it'll be in the house hiding behind the settee.....    Ha.

As for the game, I agree with most of what you said, I think our missed chances will cost us.  You will come at us and with the crowd behind you, you will be hard to handle.  My only slight positive is, we love playing on the counter attack, so you coming at us will suit us.  Rumours are Broadhead will be in the squad for Monday which would be a massive boost.

Did you manage a drink before the game?

On 06/05/2022 at 01:36, TrendOwl said:

It looks to me like both fans are in agreement about a lot of things. They things Wycome are s-houses and don't like the franchise. Saw this on the Sunderland forum and I think it shows the respect between both clubs

"If promotion for us is not to be, I would rather lose to Wednesday than lose to either of those two in the final as I can’t stand either of them."

for me in the moment agree course hope its us but if not then them, wycombe away game shows same as rotherham and others said a cheating sheethoose team 

3 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Great post mate!   Respect for traveling up.  

Unfortunately due to the ridiculous ticket allocations (For which I believe is us who only offered you 2,000 tickets) I have missed out.  We have a loyalty point scheme in place for which most clubs have, its certainly a fair way of sorting away tickets.  But I missed out. So it'll be in the house hiding behind the settee.....    Ha.

As for the game, I agree with most of what you said, I think our missed chances will cost us.  You will come at us and with the crowd behind you, you will be hard to handle.  My only slight positive is, we love playing on the counter attack, so you coming at us will suit us.  Rumours are Broadhead will be in the squad for Monday which would be a massive boost.

Did you manage a drink before the game?

Yeah we went straight into the ground though the queues everywhere was obscene 

tbf I didn’t mind doing that I do like our away following they always get you going for a decent game

hears broadlead would be back, I just hope ( and if we do ) we concentrate on our own game if we do we should have enough 

unfortunately the way we set up, played and even our starting 11 selection suggested to me we was more focused on what you guys can do to what we can do 

still the onus is now on us to force the issue so I think and hope he will line up to go for the win. And as so many teams have found at Hillsborough we can creat a crazy amount of chances to win a game 3/4 times over 

its all on how Darren moore sets us up

do you think you guys will be cautious and park the bus? If you do I actually think we’re in trouble 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Yeah we went straight into the ground though the queues everywhere was obscene 

tbf I didn’t mind doing that I do like our away following they always get you going for a decent game

hears broadlead would be back, I just hope ( and if we do ) we concentrate on our own game if we do we should have enough 

unfortunately the way we set up, played and even our starting 11 selection suggested to me we was more focused on what you guys can do to what we can do 

still the onus is now on us to force the issue so I think and hope he will line up to go for the win. And as so many teams have found at Hillsborough we can creat a crazy amount of chances to win a game 3/4 times over 

its all on how Darren moore sets us up

do you think you guys will be cautious and park the bus? If you do I actually think we’re in trouble 

As long as you had a good night mate, result aside. 

I don't know pal, its a strange score-line aint it....   What do you do, sit or attack?  In my opinion, sitting only attracting pressure and I believe with a full Hillsborough an early goal would really make it game on. More so than it already is.  We spoke last night saying its about game management and been mindful (From our point of view) there is 2 legs.  If you want my honest thoughts.....   As our group who go together said, our missed chances last night will come back to haunt us....  😞 

90 minutes is a long time to sit back 

and I don’t think you guys will but there’s been some poor teams come to Hillsborough this year who knew they couldn’t match us 

so they put everyone behind the ball and went long. It basically takes out our midfield and we struggle to open them up they’ve knicked so many points mainly draws by doing this 

we like space and hillsbrough is a big pitch it’s why I’d fancy us at Wemberly 

Giving us those Gaps and playing the right team will play into our hands 

Jack hunt instead of Liam palmer will usually has acres of space and of course Barry bannan can find him 8/10 times 

Johnson is the same on the other side 

Mendez-Laing is dangerous to bring on second half 

But like I say sit deep and you’ll close those gaps and we seem to struggle 

that said your wide play also seemed your biggest out and I think you’ll use them and this will open the game up more then it’s going to come down to who makes the most of our chances 

and that’s a lottery 

we could score 0 or 4/5 and that to be fair is the same of you 

I fully expect us though to have much more of the ball than we did at your place the game is there for you to frustrate our crowed and if you do I think you’ll knick

it if you try and play and we’re on form we will knick it 

an open game though it could end up 5-5