Best English football club sponsor ever

Not talking about the terms of any deal - but just for sheer credibility factor

Sadly some won't agree purely based on the club - but for me it has to be Marshall - but it was with MK Dons...

The go-to amplification system for the worlds biggest ever bands - and the logo looks great too

Just been pondering this myself as it happens. Prompted by how terrible Man United’s “Team Viewer” sponsorship looks.

Newcastle Brown Ale has got to be up there? 

I generally miss the age when a lot of the big global tech brands were involved. Sharp and JVC were both classics.

• Like 1

I think I’m in the minority of fans who quite liked Chupa Chups - how many other teams have played in a shirt with a sponsors logo designed by Salvador Dali? 

Newcastle Brown Ale is probably the best though, they had some great shirts in the 90s

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, scram said:

Newkie brown a more iconic brand than Marshall amps?

Seriously?

Obviously Marshall is a cooler and more iconic brand… but Newcastle Brown Ale, the beer brewed in a city who aren’t shy of a pint or two, sponsoring that brilliant team in the 90s was probably the most iconic in terms of the partnership between sponsor and club, and some of the shirts were great. 

If we’re just going on the reputation of the company alone, then Dr Martens sponsoring West Ham was pretty cool 

• Like 3

But tbh that's the point of the thread - just a huge iconic cool brand associated with a football team

And Marshall blows Dr Marten's (who originally sponsored now defunct or at best heavily downgraded R&D) out of the water

Edited by scram

Skint - Fatboy Slims record label who sponsored Brighton and Hove Albion for years

Tottenham Hotspur being sponsored by Holsten. One of the sponsors I remember from when I started watching football

• Like 3

9 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Obviously Marshall is a cooler and more iconic brand… but Newcastle Brown Ale, the beer brewed in a city who aren’t shy of a pint or two, sponsoring that brilliant team in the 90s was probably the most iconic in terms of the partnership between sponsor and club, and some of the shirts were great. 

If we’re just going on the reputation of the company alone, then Dr Martens sponsoring West Ham was pretty cool 

Dr martens wins it for me

1 hour ago, katie melua said:

Skint - Fatboy Slims record label who sponsored Brighton and Hove Albion for years

Tottenham Hotspur being sponsored by Holsten. One of the sponsors I remember from when I started watching football

Holsten, JVC, Sharp, Hitachi/Candy, Crosby Kitchens

Big sponsors for big clubs

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

I was impressed when SEGA sponsored Arsenal, but then again I am a video game nerd. Obviously not the best videogame sponsor, but that was in Italy.

I think I remember that SEGA means something rude in Italian so they weren't allowed to wear it on the shirts in Europe