Ramsdale (popodom hands)

Is it just me or is the media being fooled by this guy? He has had a great season no doubt but these ‘world class’ saves where he stops the ball and then throws his legs in the air like a ballerina…. Winds me up

I don't rate him

Nothing to do with his pigs connections because they've produced plenty of player i do rate

Not even a contest between him and Pickford for the England jersey - and i think Pickford is just a decent PL keeper - no more no less

• Like 2

He's decent, but overrated - he has a habit of making routine saves look way more spectacular than they are. That one earlier in the season that the media were raving about, think it was against Leicester, where he turned a free kick onto the underside of the bar. It was an absolutely routine save that pretty much any PL keeper would have expected to stop. It was nowhere near the corner, and if he'd turned it over nobody would have batted an eyelid, but because he tipped it onto the bar and it stayed out it looked better, in the same way that long range goals that go in off the crossbar look better for some reason.

Dean Henderson is/was a far better keeper, but his choice to stay at Man Utd and finding himself mostly on the bench for 2 years has backfired big time

• Like 1

Mate who is a gooner highly rates him. Said he was a bit dodgy to begin with but grown in confidence and thinks he has been a great signing.

Nick Pope is Englands best keeper for me. Having said that Pickford was excellent at the Euros.

Makes some decent saves, although it may be that he makes them look better than they are.

I have never seen a player dive for the ball so late, that the ball has already hit the back of the net before he has even moved. 

Until Pickford starts messing up for England, the jersey is his. 

Ramsdale is doing ' Hollywood' saves and playing to the gallery at Arsenal. As has been previously mentioned, he makes routine saves look spectacular.

I'm definitely interested in what Henderson does next season, he can't stay at Man Utd and waste another one. It seems in Southgates eyes you don't need to be playing for a top team as a keeper to be in his thoughts, but you do need to be playing. I'm not sure which teams will be on the look out for a new number one next year though. He needs to be first choice wherever he goes/ 

He's better than I thought he was/is, but I don't think he's as good as Pickford or Pope.

Tbf, both him and Pickford have a bit of Fisher Price Joe Hart vibe about them.

Does feel like we had so many better English keepers in the 90s/early 00s - Seaman, Flowers, Martyn, Pressman, James and so forth. Suppose it was the same for strikers too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1