If Bannan is out

It's time for Byers, Luongo and FDB to step up. At some point, we have to prove we can play without him. All the other teams think we are pretty much a one-man team. Bannan is integral to the way we play but others have to be able to step in and fill those boots.

Hopefully he will be okay. Although he would be a massive miss, I'd actually argue that currently Gregory would be an even bigger one.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If Bannan is out I would be tempted to put Hutch in there

With Story, Dean and Palmer at the back

1 minute ago, deano said:

Perhaps, alternatively you could play Windass as an attacking Midfielder.

I'd had both of those thoughts. I don't think he'll play Windass for a full match yet although he might have a plan to take him off after, say 60 minutes. We'll see. Hopefully it won't cone to that.

5 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Bannan was at the end of season party on Saturday night and had a photo with my mate and his kids. He reckons he will be absolutely fine, felt a twinge but no reason to think he won't play

That’s great to hear. 

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

It's time for Byers, Luongo and FDB to step up. At some point, we have to prove we can play without him.

I think they have already. Since the MKD game I noticed increasingly we now look to other options  to create from midfield 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

FDB did well in the big game on Sky last time so whilst not being his biggest fan he would be my pick 

He's getting better every game I think. Could be a real asset if he becomes a little more savvy and learns to be effective for the full 90. However, away from home there's the possibility he goes with Paterson in midfield if Bannan is out, purely for his experience and height. I don't think he'll put Hutch in the centre like someone suggested, can't remember the last time Hutch got through 90 mins in midfield and personally I'd never play him there again unless we maybe are holding on for the last 20 in a specific type of game. I do agree Windass could play the role, but not for the full 90 at this stage, plus as a left field idea I wonder whether NML could do it if he was given a bit of a free role. Obviously the danger there is that he would drift into Johnson's space, but NML picking the ball up in pockets of space could have it's merits

• Haha 1