SWFC boss Darren Moore

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Sod what division we’re in because you can only effect the level that you are at in any given season.

53 points at home, at HOME where we’ve been notoriously sh!t for years. Scoring goals for fun and our current manager gets criticism week in, week out at a level that none of our recent managers have had. And whatever happens over the next week or two this will probably continue unfortunately?

And it's been the toughest League One season of all time

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Ha ha ALREYT THEN

Well I guess the proof will be in the pudding. You clearly rate him and are therefore confident he’ll still be here this time next year.

In contrast, I’ll be surprised if he makes it to Xmas - regardless of whether we go up or not.

1 minute ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Moore.

Who did you expect him to sign? Loan players from League One clubs?

He’s got a fantastic squad and he contributed heavily to signing them. Now let’s see if he gets them promoted.

Why not just get behind him instead of the constant digs. Remember he's a young manager still learning the ropes. He's going to make errors but in the grand scheme of things he's united the club and fans. That in it's self is a fantastic achievement. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Am sure you're dying to give him the credit and praise he deserves if he does

If he is the man that gets us back to the PL, nobody will be happier to be proved wrong.

If he gets us up this year, he’s achieved the minimum acceptable result.

Im like a stuck record but in my opinion this is easily the best squad in the division.

Its a football opinion and I’m entitled to it.

Guest Willow Owl
4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Moore.

Who did you expect him to sign? Loan players from League One clubs?

He’s got a fantastic squad and he contributed heavily to signing them. Now let’s see if he gets them promoted.

So why do you think other managers would have done better? 
What evidence do you have to back this up ?

Just now, Willow Owl said:

So why do you think other managers would have done better? 
What evidence do you have to back this up ?

There’s not really evidence that can be given, it’s a football opinion.

I think other teams with far inferior players have often looked far better organised than us. 

The Wigan manager came in and put that squad together with a few weeks notice. The MK manager has got a squad that was in relegation trouble last year to third. Alex Neil soon got the very leaky Sunderland defence sorted.

My opinion of Wednesday is that we have the best players covering up the cracks. Away from home we still look shaky at the back, I find some of his selections and substitutions baffling - it’s just an opinion mate.

I loved Megson, rated him highly, half the fan base seem to think he was rubbish. That’s football, opinions.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dollydaydream said:

Why not just get behind him instead of the constant digs. Remember he's a young manager still learning the ropes. He's going to make errors but in the grand scheme of things he's united the club and fans. That in it's self is a fantastic achievement. 

I get behind him and the team where it counts, in the ground.

On a football forum, I prefer to give my honest football opinion if that’s ok with you?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

If he gets us up this year, he’s achieved the minimum acceptable result.

Genuine question, how many Championship clubs get relegated to League One and get back up at the first attempt? Over the last decade say, what % of those 30 relegated clubs manage it? My guess, based on absolutely nothing but instinct, is <20%. Maybe around 10%. Happy to be proven wrong.

If I'm even in the right ballpark in the above... how  chuffing entitled and arrogant are you are that promotion after a relegation is the minimum requirement?? 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Guest Willow Owl
2 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

There’s not really evidence that can be given, it’s a football opinion.

I think other teams with far inferior players have often looked far better organised than us. 

The Wigan manager came in and put that squad together with a few weeks notice. The MK manager has got a squad that was in relegation trouble last year to third. Alex Neil soon got the very leaky Sunderland defence sorted.

My opinion of Wednesday is that we have the best players covering up the cracks. Away from home we still look shaky at the back, I find some of his selections and substitutions baffling - it’s just an opinion mate.

I loved Megson, rated him highly, half the fan base seem to think he was rubbish. That’s football, opinions.

So, you cannot tell me who?We’ve lost nine games, only Wigan have lost less. We have had massive injuries in defence and at times have played without a recognised centre half. The second half of the season we have been fantastic and Moore deserves all the credit for this. Not the constant nitpicking from certain fans who are desperate for him to fail, just so they can say I told you so.

Sunderland have finished below us.

Wigan and MK were established league 1 sides who added players to existing squads. Not having to build a complete new team.

What did Megson ever achieve at Hillsborough as a manager.