Can I just say a huge massive well done to....

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LIAM PALMER.jpg

Watched Liam Palmer closely today as he was tasked with looking after George Hirst

What a job he did too

He smashed some absolutely crunching tackles on Hirst, kept him quiet (after his goal) and made his presence felt like I've never seen Palmer do before. He really stepped up to make sure Hirst didn't make an impact and stuck his foot in when needed and came flying into tackles to take the ball off him

Was great to watch and thought he deserves some credit for his game today

Loyal Wednesday stalwart 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

LIAM PALMER.jpg

Watched Liam Palmer closely today as he was tasked with looking after George Hirst

What a job he did too

He smashed some absolutely crunching tackles on Hirst, kept him quiet (after his goal) and made his presence felt like I've never seen Palmer do before. He really stepped up to make sure Hirst didn't make an impact and stuck his foot in when needed and came flying into tackles to take the ball off him

Was great to watch and thought he deserves some credit for his game today

A legend of the club.

• Like 1

I thought he could have done more to prevent their goal, as it looked like he continued to run towards our goal line, leaving Hirst free to drop off for a simple tap-in. 

But after that he looked very solid and assured, and seemed to really grow into the game.

One of his better performances of the season, no doubt.

• Like 1