Atmosphere today - how was it near you?

IMG_0135.jpeg

Was fantastic at times

At other times completely silent where I was and could hear a pin drop (e.g start of second half etc)E
Even the North Stand pointers sat silent and I was wondering if it was just nerves to see if Portstmouth came out and started as they did in the first half?

I was on Lower West though so how was it near you?

Was the atmosphere more exciting near you?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

First half was fantastic.

Second half was a sort of job done atmosphere but still really good at times.

Really enjoyed today.

100%

Bit of a pre season atmosphere in second half as the MK score had guaranteed our spot but first half was great

• Like 1

Strange atmosphere today.   Some times load, sometimes quiet - especially for 33K Wednesdayites.   Aida tune from fans coming to their first game for 6 years.

I think we've learnt to be apprehensive after the amazing atmosphere of Wembley 2016, leading to defeat.   Today we needed to get the job done and we did it.

In the South.

Gregory's equaliser, I was offered a Werthers. 

Saido puts us ahead, I was offered to share the chap's tartan blanket. 

Half time, I was offered a sip of coffee 

The fourth goes in and we're waving the bleedin blanket around 

Absolute carnage. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Strange atmosphere today.   Some times load, sometimes quiet - especially for 33K Wednesdayites.   Aida tune from fans coming to their first game for 6 years.

I think we've learnt to be apprehensive after the amazing atmosphere of Wembley 2016, leading to defeat.   Today we needed to get the job done and we did it.

The Verdi tune was from the Pompey fans.

I thought it was reyt quiet for most of today. This big Hillsborough noise/ support thing is a bit of a myth really isn't it?

Reminded me of the Huddersfield semi today. Packed but quiet. 

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Can't have a quiet atmosphere for the play off semi final and doubt it will be. The atmosphere needs to be electric regardless of what's happening on the pitch.

What happens on the pitch dictates the atmosphere off it

I thought it was a great atmosphere initially which went a bit quiet in the second half because the job was done by both Wednesday and scorelines elsewhere.

It was great to see a near full ground, the atmosphere in the pub ( barracks( and even the chip shop ( 4 lanes )was buzzing.

Does anybody who attended yesterday really still want Hillsborough to be exchanged for a 30k bowl on a out of town retail park.

• Like 1