Young George

9 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

To be fair to Hirst he got dogs abuse down at Pompey and after the match he still said he was a Wednesday fan. Don't think you can compare him.and Vardy, Vardy accepted he wasn't good enough when he was released, Hirst wanted a better offer based on his potential. Yes it wasn't handled well by either side, but his mate at the time at United who was his partner up front for England was getting more game time and a better deal yet Hirst at that point was supposedly the bigger prospect. Just cos he, his Dad and Pearson are Wednesday fans doesn't mean they wouldn't put their career and livelihood first. 

I don’t begrudge him putting his career first, but I do have a issue with what they did. It’s like when any of us leave a job, you can do it the right way or you can leave under a cloud. 

There is no disputing the club lost out with the Hirst situation, and as Hirst showed in the following season after he left, he still wasn’t ready.

I’m not a Chansiri fan and he is definitely partly to blame, but so are the rest.

Edited by Stevelknievel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

What happened was very much to the detriment of Sheffield Wednesday and at the end of the day I’m a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a George Hirst fan. 

But Chansiri could have easily stopped that happening

Can't have your cake and eat it 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, 1961OWL said:

My take on GH.

League 1 is his level. Hope he goes on and makes a decent living as a pro footballer. Of the 2 centre forwards on show today is he in the same class as Gregory? Not in a million years. 

One is 23. The other is 33.

At 23 Lee Gregory was playing non-league for Halifax.

Hirst has plenty of years ahead of him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Guest DoesJackHunt

If you’ve been to the game and you don’t think we should sign George Hirst then you probably took a blow up banana 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

One is 23. The other is 33.

At 23 Lee Gregory was playing non-league for Halifax.

Hirst has plenty of years ahead of him. 

And a 30+ centre half in Hutchinson totally bossed him. As I said good luck to the lad but this is his level.

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

I don’t begrudge him putting his career first, but I do have a issue with what they did. It’s like when any of us leave a job, you can do it the right way or you can leave under a cloud. 

There is no disputing the club lost out with the Hirst situation, and as Hirst showed in the following season after he left, he still wasn’t ready.

I’m not a Chansiri fan and he is definitely partly to blame, but so are the rest.

2 sides to every story.

sign him up 

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't know what they did or didn't do

Jesus how many times. Nobody knows. For whatever reason George Hirst decided to move on.

Good luck to him, think he will make a decent lower league striker, he is still learning. Anyway hopefully we won't be in the lower leagues and will want better players to match.

If wasn't for the fact he was the son of the best center forward the club ever had.

Time to move on we have bigger fish to fry.

5 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

2 sides to every story.

sign him up 

100% and to be fair to Chansiri (I can’t believe I sound like I’m defending him, I’m not) he has come out and given his side of the story. The other side haven’t and that makes me wonder why.

• Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Asio otus said:

Jesus how many times. Nobody knows. For whatever reason George Hirst decided to move on.

Good luck to him, think he will make a decent lower league striker, he is still learning. Anyway hopefully we won't be in the lower leagues and will want better players to match.

If wasn't for the fact he was the son of the best center forward the club ever had.

Time to move on we have bigger fish to fry.

He’s 23 and he looks great, he’s scoring goal, quick, good football brain on him, brave, passionate (was fuming after the 4th goal) and he’s a tall physical presence now.
We need to ship Sow and Kamberi out and bring a Hirst type and a top championship striker in. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But Chansiri could have easily stopped that happening

Can't have your cake and eat it 

What do you think Chansiri should have done, just paid him whatever he asked for?

I guess we'll never know the full story, but it seems to be accepted that he was offered a very good contract for a youth player, the best we've ever offered.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No, just because there is a loop hole in the rules to exploit, it doesn’t make it right to exploit them.

What happened was very much to the detriment of Sheffield Wednesday and at the end of the day I’m a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a George Hirst fan.

You don’t have a problem with it and that’s fair enough, each his own. I do so just agree to disagree.

I don’t think as a club run currently by Chansiri we can complain about a club taking advantage of legal loop holes . Ground sale to himself, d taxis etc etc 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Stevelknievel said:

100% and to be fair to Chansiri (I can’t believe I sound like I’m defending him, I’m not) he has come out and given his side of the story. The other side haven’t and that makes me wonder why.

Probably pretty ugly I guess, business can be like that. At the end of the day he was being offer more money somewhere else. Probably thought we would match it, we didn’t . He took the money, you would have, I would have. At the end of the day, he loves Wednesday, his dads my hero and he’s ready to play football at the level we are at.

He’s on a free,

he’s 23,

sign him up….for the Wednesday. !

We all hate Leeds scum 

There seems to be some sort of presumption that we only need to come knocking and Hirst would join us in a heartbeat. How much do Leicester value him at? How much money would we have to spend on transfers? Would he even want to come back?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Probably pretty ugly I guess, business can be like that. At the end of the day he was being offer more money somewhere else. Probably thought we would match it, we didn’t . He took the money, you would have, I would have. At the end of the day, he loves Wednesday, his dads my hero and he’s ready to play football at the level we are at.

He’s on a free,

he’s 23,

sign him up….for the Wednesday. !

We all hate Leeds scum 

His contract at Leicester is up?

To be fair I could forgive him. 😂

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

His contract at Leicester is up?

To be fair I could forgive him. 😂

I think so , could be wrong though 

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Don’t be such a baby.

He was getting pelters.

I bet you loved Winnall’s celebration at Barnsley didn’t you?

Sorry, let me try again using slightly fewer syllables to make my comment easier for those with less brain cells than Hirst scores goals today or those just looking for a fight!

I didn’t have a problem with the lad but thought his goal celebration today was a bit unnecessary and it turned fans like myself who didn’t have an issue with him against him! It not complicated and I really don’t care, I just think it’s a shame that all. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Wall said:

What do you think Chansiri should have done, just paid him whatever he asked for?

I guess we'll never know the full story, but it seems to be accepted that he was offered a very good contract for a youth player, the best we've ever offered.

The phrase ' best we have ever offered ' may be 100% accurate and true

That doesn't mean it's good though

It just means it's the most that WE have ever offered

Historically our contracts for younger players have been really really really REALLY awful

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop