Young George

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Can you please point me to what on earth you’re on about then with Wing and Bannan?

Now I have to apologise about this and I do so sincerely.

Just searched and it wasn’t you but another poster and he said that Wing took Bannan to school not once but twice last season. Really sorry about that but I’m always right about everything else.

lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Now I have to apologise about this and I do so sincerely.

Just searched and it wasn’t you but another poster and he said that Wing took Bannan to school not once but twice last season. Really sorry about that but I’m always right about everything else.

lol

Was going to say. I’m Bannan’s number one fan so was racking my brains on what you could be on about.

No problem mate. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Who is this person? 

Pearson. 🤣

It winds me up that some many of our fans are accepting of what those two former legends did. People forget that when Pearson was at Derby he unsettled Fessi. 

Literally sabotaging the club from within and some fans think that

was ok. 🤯

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

When Gregory came off to three sides of a Hillsborough sell out crowd singing his name, I wondered if the supposed boyhood Wednesday fan Hirst might have any regrets

That’s Unitedite Gregory as well. What annoys me about Hirst is that he shows no humility towards what happened with the club. Every time he about to play us, bangs on about how he wants to prove something, it would be special to stop us reaching the playoffs etc. 

Compare that to Vardy a player who was dropped by the club. A move that could have killed his footballing career, a player with an actual axe to grind with the club. Instead Vardy has no issues with the club and tells every interviewer that mentions what happened….and nearly came back to us

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Thing is, where we are as a club, and where Hirst is now as a player, is now a perfect fit. It wasn’t the case 2 years back. What annoyed me was the behavior of Leicester. What they did absolutely stank.  

Regardless of what league we are in next season, it would be brilliant to see this lad up front for Wednesday. Both sides, and some fans, need to put things behind them, move forward and look at the bigger picture. A front 2 of Hirst and Gregory would be very decent. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

When Gregory came off to three sides of a Hillsborough sell out crowd singing his name, I wondered if the supposed boyhood Wednesday fan Hirst might have any regrets

This was totally the point of the OP 

• Like 1

I actually think today went some way to healing the situation a bit. 

He got his goal which reminded us he’s capable - but SWFC are still standing with or without him (and got the win). 

He’ll know deep down that playing against us for Portsmouth isn’t what he should be doing. 

• Love 2

I can imagine at the time there was so much silly money being paid to so many bellow average players past their best 

Rhodes , Abdi , Urby just to name a few that it’s understandable to see that Hirst senior thought he could get a decent deal for George and probably did 

Who was right? Who was wrong? 
who knows? 
Time to move on 

maybe one day he will come back ,if he is good enough I wouldn’t have a problem with it 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Stevelknievel said:

That’s Unitedite Gregory as well. What annoys me about Hirst is that he shows no humility towards what happened with the club. Every time he about to play us, bangs on about how he wants to prove something, it would be special to stop us reaching the playoffs etc. 

Compare that to Vardy a player who was dropped by the club. A move that could have killed his footballing career, a player with an actual axe to grind with the club. Instead Vardy has no issues with the club and tells every interviewer that mentions what happened….and nearly came back to us

To be fair to Hirst he got dogs abuse down at Pompey and after the match he still said he was a Wednesday fan. Don't think you can compare him.and Vardy, Vardy accepted he wasn't good enough when he was released, Hirst wanted a better offer based on his potential. Yes it wasn't handled well by either side, but his mate at the time at United who was his partner up front for England was getting more game time and a better deal yet Hirst at that point was supposedly the bigger prospect. Just cos he, his Dad and Pearson are Wednesday fans doesn't mean they wouldn't put their career and livelihood first. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You don't know what they did or didn't do

We do, we know Hirst went to Belgium, we know that resulted in no tribunal for compensation. We know Pearson was at the club Hirst went to. We know Hirst Senior resigned from his role at the club prior,  we know the club offered Hirst Junior the biggest youth to senior contract and the Hirst’s wanted more.

You can choose to ignore all the ITK stuff that was put on here, but you can piece together what happened.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Your problem should be with the rules.

Failing that Leicester and his advisors.

But having a problem with a young lad that made a decision at 17 to get more money after no doubt being strongly guided by those influencing him is misguided IMO.

No, just because there is a loop hole in the rules to exploit, it doesn’t make it right to exploit them.

What happened was very much to the detriment of Sheffield Wednesday and at the end of the day I’m a Sheffield Wednesday fan, not a George Hirst fan.

You don’t have a problem with it and that’s fair enough, each his own. I do so just agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Looked decent today and was a threat.

I'd sign him for next season him and Gregory would be an interesting pairing.

His movement was top notch !

Looks a good player and I know the chance of him returning is slim under Chansiri but I’d have him back 

Just now, Kopparberg said:

I actually think today went some way to healing the situation a bit. 

He got his goal which reminded us he’s capable - but SWFC are still standing with or without him (and got the win). 

He’ll know deep down that playing against us for Portsmouth isn’t what he should be doing. 

Honestly, why is everyone acting like a jilted lover? Treating a player switching clubs like a break up.

Its utterly bizarre. I guarantee you Hirst won’t be giving it much thought. Football is a career for these lads.

• Like 1