Young George

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People scoffed at him every step of the way over the last few years

"He'll never play in English football"

"He'll never score a goal in English Football"

etc etc etc

Little smiley laughing emojoi's accompanying mocking snarling mickey taking of him

Yet here he is - bang on form, smashing in goals and his value rocketing

And he scored against us too

I can see him proving all the little laughy people more and more and more wrong every time they mock anyone suggesting he's actually a decent player

Total tripe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveClark said:

Total tripe.

That's what people have said every step of the way so far every time someone's pointed out that:

1) Hirst is actually a decent player

2) Hirst will get better

3) People are just bitter people who are acting like their wife just left them for a fitness instructor

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

Hirst and Hirst snr wanted top wages, they (by they, I mean Hirst jnr) were offered better then any other at his age and the offer was declined.

Leicester came in with a bid which was declined and then they bypassed the system by using a daughter club to get  HIrst to sign for, and using another club so called legend in the process.

Anyone who backs the Hirsts is not someone who has the best interests of the club at heart to be honest.

Then again, a lot of people claim they do, but...you know, they have their own agenda.

Utter tripe.

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

I think some people saw a different player than me today. Scored a simple goal but made the space well so I’ll give him that. Literally did nothing of note for the rest of the game bar try. Looks physically the same as he did when he left. I can’t see him playing above this level. 

I’ll give you that.

Quality and clearly going to be playing at a higher level next season.

15 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Top end championship club :tango:

Yes I can see Leicester loaning him out or one of the relegated Prem teams taking a punt on him.

The thing with Hirst is, he has developed quite late in terms of size and stature. He looks like a man now and he’s banging goals in for fun. 

He could still play Premier League.

• Haha 3

I just don’t get how Wednesday fans have a problem with him.

Wednesday fan.

Son of a legend.

Came through our youth teams.

Got offered more money by another club so went. If we’d have matched it I’m sure he’d have stayed - but we didn’t. 

For the life of me, I can’t see the issue.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes I can see Leicester loaning him out or one of the relegated Prem teams taking a punt on him.

The thing with Hirst is, he has developed quite late in terms of size and stature. He looks like a man now and he’s banging goals in for fun. 

He could still play Premier League.

I agree.

After he’s played 100 Championship  matches, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if from about 26 he is in the PL.

• Haha 2

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

I just don’t get how Wednesday fans have a problem with him.

Wednesday fan.

Son of a legend.

Came through our youth teams.

Got offered more money by another club so went. If we’d have matched it I’m sure he’d have stayed - but we didn’t. 

For the life of me, I can’t see the issue.

You’re blind then because his ‘advisors’ conspired to shaft the club (his club apparently). Totally his right but it has consequences with most Wednesday fans. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

You’re blind then because his ‘advisors’ conspired to shaft the club (his club apparently). Totally his right but it has consequences with most Wednesday fans. 

Did he get offered more money elsewhere?

Yes or no?

Do you think we matched their offer?

Yes or no?

Everything else is just noise.

1 minute ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Did he get offered more money elsewhere?

Yes or no?

Do you think we matched their offer?

Yes or no?

Everything else is just noise.

No because he wasn’t worth it which has been proved in the years since he left. 
Don’t you think he and his ‘advisors’ shafted the club? Do you think he was worth more than we offered at the time?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No he’s not 

The person that keeps clicking the laughing emoji at any thought of Hirst playing at a higher level was probably one of those that used to abuse Whelan, Brunt and Antonio,

Totally clueless.

Hirst is 6,3”, strong, quick and good with two feet.

I’d be more surprised if he doesn’t at least become top end Championship than if he does.

Strikers of that size often progress a few years later too. They need to learn how to best utilise their size and strength, he certainly seems to be on an upward curve now.

Just now, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

The person that keeps clicking the laughing emoji at any thought of Hirst playing at a higher level was probably one of those that used to abuse Whelan, Brunt and Antonio,

Totally clueless.

Hirst is 6,3”, strong, quick and good with two feet.

I’d be more surprised if he doesn’t at least become top end Championship than if he does.

Strikers of that size often progress a few years later too. They need to learn how to best utilise their size and strength, he certainly seems to be on an upward curve now.

I tell you what if he plays as many games in the Premiership (or the Championship) as those 3 I’ll send you a tenner. 
And I’m clueless?

lol