Young George

2 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Looked decent today and was a threat.

I'd sign him for next season him and Gregory would be an interesting pairing.

Tha what!, apart from the gift BPF gave him in the 4th minute he never looked like bothering our defence.

• Like 1

In fairness congratulations to him, whatever happened is in the past and he was one of us. 

He gets to score in a packed out Hillsborough and not one of us on here wouldnt want to do that even if its for the opposition and they end up losing lol

3 hours ago, Doctor Duran said:

Looked decent today and was a threat.

I'd sign him for next season him and Gregory would be an interesting pairing.

Really?

At one end Gregory and Berahino were fighting for every ball, holding up, laying off and apart from a couple of runs towards the end Hirst looked to me like he didn’t want to put in the effort. 

For those who are struggling with the OP. The picture has Gregory taking the adulation of a packed Wednesday Kop after being substituted. Something anyone on here would give their right arm for. Hirst turned down a decent contract for the level he was at (which is his right) and as a Wednesday fan walked away from ever doing this. Well played Lee Gregory, a boyhood Blade living the dream of most Wednesdayites. 

95B7E2F5-B2B1-4596-B9FC-FB64EAE7AB52.thumb.jpeg.3db44541f04584a2f3a50062dc1aadd5.jpeg

Edited by BIG D
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Really?

At one end Gregory and Berahino were fighting for every ball, holding up, laying off and apart from a couple of runs towards the end Hirst looked to me like he didn’t want to put in the effort. 

I'm not knocking what we did for one minute.. we was excellent.

Just thought Hirst looked lively and decent.

Don't think any of the Pompey team did much in the second tbh.. but when they did Hirst was involved.

But we was far superior

Hirst and Hirst snr wanted top wages, they (by they, I mean Hirst jnr) were offered better then any other at his age and the offer was declined.

Leicester came in with a bid which was declined and then they bypassed the system by using a daughter club to get  HIrst to sign for, and using another club so called legend in the process.

Anyone who backs the Hirsts is not someone who has the best interests of the club at heart to be honest.

Then again, a lot of people claim they do, but...you know, they have their own agenda.

Edited by DaveClark
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Someone said he will get a top championship club next season earlier in the thread and I just can't see it.

13 in 40 is a decent return but hardly top end championship. He's 23 so he's still young but not what you can call raw.

George Byers is central midfielder and has a similar run rate given the games hes played and we got him on a free as Swansea wanted him off their books.

Hirst is decent don't get me wrong but top end Championship doesn't seem right.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Honestly I’m sure he’s not that arsed.

Making money, scoring goals and will probably get a good move to a top end Championship club next season. 

Looks a good player to me. Gets shots away and quick off the mark. 

Top end championship club :tango:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Top end championship club :tango:

People scoffed at him every step of the way over the last few years

"He'll never play in English football"

"He'll never score a goal in English Football"

etc etc etc

Little smiley laughing emojoi's accompanying mocking snarling mickey taking of him

Yet here he is - bang on form, smashing in goals and his value rocketing

And he scored against us too

I can see him proving all the little laughy people more and more and more wrong every time they mock anyone suggesting he's actually a decent player

Owlstalk Shop