Young George

54 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

If Chansiri hadn’t been a nob you mean?

Hirst was making unreal demands based on nothing.

Its years since the contract issues & he is still only on the cusp of being owt at all.

Looked averagely decent, nothing more.

Chansiri was right to stand his ground, so have no idea why you call him what you do.

If you are an “Owls maniac”, stop spouting divisive sh*t when we have just witnessed what had just gone off, with a team & manager given free rein & financed by this “nob”.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s taken hirst a while to start being the player he is this season, chansiri didn’t want to pay him over the odds for something that may have taken years to develop. And fans would have lost patience with him way before now 

Edited by stocksyuto

35 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

How is he relevant to us right now?

He’s relevant because he’s looks like making a good player and we let him go for nothing. It’s not difficult to understand that surely. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s relevant because he’s looks like making a good player and we let him go for nothing. It’s not difficult to understand that surely. 

He is starting to look decent now but we expected compensation for him

and should have got it to be fair. Low blow doing what they did when he could’ve just gone to Leicester directly.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Chansiri didn’t send him to Belgium 

He turned down £2 million for him from Leicester, whilst not renewing his contract.

He was either was worth more than 2 million and should have been given a contract to show our intent with him,

He effectively did send him to Belgium

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

He turned down £2 million for him from Leicester, whilst not renewing his contract.

He was either was worth more than 2 million and should have been given a contract to show our intent with him,

He effectively did send him to Belgium

If Leicester wanted him they could have signed him at the end of the contract on a free and let the tribunal decide how much they would pay. Turning down 2m did not equate to 2m or nothing at the time. It only became that when Hirst was willing to go to Leuven to avoid compensation.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s as relevant as the other 10 Portsmouth players who were out there. He’d only be relevant if he was still our player. Is Joao still relevant, FF?

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

If Leicester wanted him they could have signed him at the end of the contract on a free and let the tribunal decide how much they would pay. Turning down 2m did not equate to 2m or nothing at the time. It only became that when Hirst was willing to go to Leuven to avoid compensation.

Teams like Leicester have links with teams abroad for that reason. Until the bodies do something to tighten those loopholes, it's going to become more and more common. Dc should have been aware that it could have happened, not only did he not learn his lesson, he let the same thing happen again with Shaw and Urhogide

Plays stupid games, win stupid prizes

• Haha 1

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Teams like Leicester have links with teams abroad for that reason. Until the bodies do something to tighten those loopholes, it's going to become more and more common. Dc should have been aware that it could have happened, not only did he not learn his lesson, he let the same thing happen again with Shaw and Urhogide

Plays stupid games, win stupid prizes

DC has made a lot of mistakes but then you have these players claiming to be Wednesday fans. With their open letters (Shaw) and legendary parents walking about the place prior to all this. Takes two to get into that situation. Neither blameless

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I think some people saw a different player than me today. Scored a simple goal but made the space well so I’ll give him that. Literally did nothing of note for the rest of the game bar try. Looks physically the same as he did when he left. I can’t see him playing above this level. 

That's my thinking. Seen a few clips from the game and he still looks a bit lightweight. Could see him getting bullied out of games.

48 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Hirst was making unreal demands based on nothing.

Its years since the contract issues & he is still only on the cusp of being owt at all.

Looked averagely decent, nothing more.

Chansiri was right to stand his ground, so have no idea why you call him what you do.

If you are an “Owls maniac”, stop spouting divisive sh*t when we have just witnessed what had just gone off, with a team & manager given free rein & financed by this “nob”.

The story I heard from a couple of people who I trust to know things is he was offered the highest contract ever offered to someone of his age and position in the club by Chansiri, around £10k/week. He and or his agent wanted him to.be put on a first team contract. No idea how true that is but was told that by as I say a couple of people

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2