Pitch invaders (watch to the end 🤣)

3 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

CLUB STATEMENT:

During our game on Saturday against Stoke City a child entered the field of play while the match was in progress, trivialising the importance of the game to our fans, town, players and management.
He was encouraged to do so by his father who recorded the incident on his mobile phone.

On returning to his father our staff asked that they exit the stadium, only to be subject to abusive and threatening behaviour.

Entering the pitch while the game is in progress will not be tolerated.

Abusive and threatening behaviour to our staff will not be tolerated.

To enter the pitch at any time is a criminal offence as is abusive and threatening behaviour.

The father and child have been identified and with immediate effect the father is banned from the Riverside Stadium for life.

We will encourage the police to take further action.

After the game four further incursions took place by children. All of whom have been identified and whose parents face banning orders from the Riverside.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

As a teenager late 70s early 80s running on the pitch at the end of the season was a proper buzz , it happened every season regardless of league position ........ Saturday was a bit daft but it happens everywhere , no harm was done I suppose.

I find pitch invasions moronic in any situation and don't think there's any excuse other than to save a life.

No amount of joy or anger makes it acceptable and you're either of such a low intelligence as to not know it's wrong, or you know it's wrong and still do it, either way you're a bit of a cóck.

"He just got a bit carried away" is no excuse, you couldn't use it as an excuse if you entered someones house without consent, or if you entered someones person without consent, so why should it be excusable if you entered a patch of grass you're prohibited from going on?

I'm all for banning orders being handed out, whether there are six people or six thousand people on the pitch.

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2022 at 15:15, @owlstalk said:

Its always funny watching people run into the pitch or a stage etc

They run on then realise they have absolutely no idea what to do 🤣🤣🤣

I went on against Chelsea in 91.

I knew exactly what to do.

I told Phil King he was a legend. Soaked up the boos. Then, when I was on the edge of the pitch I shouted, “Carlton, Carlton, Carlton” as the team did a lap of honour. It wasn’t a chant. I was calling his name as I wanted a chat. A bit like Alan Partridge shouting, “ Dan, Dan, Dan...”

He ignored me. Best of all the moment is captured on League Cup Glory.

If anyone needs pointers, follow me on inster for tips.

• Haha 1

Invading the pitch to celebrate finishing in the play offs is so stupid. 

I'm going to hold my hands up and admit to having invaded the pitch when we beat Wycombe back in 2012. 

I ran on...didn't know what to do, didn't really fancy getting involved in the huge throng of people surrounding the players and just stood there for 5 minutes before going to the pub. 

Pretty sure I was able to pick myself out (from footage) invading the pitch in 2012. I stand there for a bit and scratch my head. 

Pratt. 

• Haha 2

Did anyone see that lad run on with his toddler 

poor little kid was just running on with his brother or dad not knowing what was happening 

why the bloke would take his kid on like is beyond me I felt right sorry for him as the stewards looked to detain his so called roll model 

top parenting 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Did anyone see that lad run on with his toddler 

poor little kid was just running on with his brother or dad not knowing what was happening 

why the bloke would take his kid on like is beyond me I felt right sorry for him as the stewards looked to detain his so called roll model 

top parenting 

Yeah, we've already established that HopefulOwl wants the toddler to be executed or something.

• Haha 1

On 30/04/2022 at 15:15, @owlstalk said:

Its always funny watching people run into the pitch or a stage etc

They run on then realise they have absolutely no idea what to do 🤣🤣🤣

This exactly what happened with the big lad, he ran towards the players who didn't take an iota of notice of him then ran out of ideas and headed back to the kop :tango:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

I find pitch invasions moronic in any situation and don't think there's any excuse other than to save a life.

No amount of joy or anger makes it acceptable and you're either of such a low intelligence as to not know it's wrong, or you know it's wrong and still do it, either way you're a bit of a cóck.

"He just got a bit carried away" is no excuse, you couldn't use it as an excuse if you entered someones house without consent, or if you entered someones person without consent, so why should it be excusable if you entered a patch of grass you're prohibited from going on?

I'm all for banning orders being handed out, whether there are six people or six thousand people on the pitch.

I agree with most of that but are you suggesting everyone who went on the pitch against Wycombe in 2012 should have got banning orders?

59 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I agree with most of that but are you suggesting everyone who went on the pitch against Wycombe in 2012 should have got banning orders?

Yes... with fair warning. 

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Good luck with any club trying to ban a few thousand fans at once.

Add an incentive to grass up people on Owlstalk / Facebook / at family gatherings who boast about / provide evidence of going on the pitch.

I'd grass up my own child for a Danny Wilson Toby Jug.

• Haha 1