So…. Sunderland away

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Don’t think the post Covid outbreak 5-0 has any bearing.

After 29 minutes this was our side:-

BPF

Brennan Palmer Johnson

Hunt Wing Bannan Dele NML

Gregory Paterson

We’ll be a far better side on Friday.

Point I was making is we were cold in comparison to Sunderland who had been playing regularly during the Covid break we had.

We were in decent form prior to the enforced break and I genuinely believe had we had played the games we had to play as scheduled we wouldn’t have lost to Sunderland that night or to Shrewsbury in the following game. Hence the opinion that the Covid break cost us as much as the injuries.

• Like 2

that 1st leg really worries me, as long as we come back to Hillsborough with it in reaching distance I think we can do the job, draw would be excellent, a win would be out of this world, but I’m still confident if we start down by two goals I think we can do it at home, it’s just if it’s anymore then it’s very unlikely 

22 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Personally wish we had the home game first, I dont think we would have lost vs Huddersfield if that had been  the case. 

Get a result at home in the first leg and the pressure is on the home team in the second just like the Brighton game. 

As much criticism Moore gets don't believe for one minute he will be as negative in his approach as Carlos was against Huddersfield. 

Sunderland were shocking against Rotherham other might, didn't have an attempt on target and scraped s draw from an own goal.

All those tinkering changes that have been criticized will mean we are fit and fresh for these matches and we have the quality and experience for the really big games, which is why we've done so well against likes of Wigan mk Dons etc.

Would love to see Wycombe do mk Dons though.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, dehowl said:

No doom and gloom mate. It’s a forum for debate. Get over yourself.

Love the phrase “Get over yourself”.  One of the absolute social media go to staples.

Thanks for telling me “it’s a forum for debate”. In all the years I’ve been on Owlstalk and 606 prior to that,  it’s taken you to finally make me realise “it’s a forum for debate.  “Get over yourself” however, doesn’t really add to any said debates. 

As it happens I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to a couple of other posts that kept referring to the Huddersfield game with horror stricken emoji’s in a panic about something that has zero relevance.

As an aside, I was reading a press article this morning quote “Going to be very tight games, but Wednesday have the advantage of the second leg at home and the advantage of knowing what they will need to do”.  

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Point I was making is we were cold in comparison to Sunderland who had been playing regularly during the Covid break we had.

We were in decent form prior to the enforced break and I genuinely believe had we had played the games we had to play as scheduled we wouldn’t have lost to Sunderland that night or to Shrewsbury in the following game. Hence the opinion that the Covid break cost us as much as the injuries.

Sorry I should be clearer.

I agree the Covid break affected us badly. My point is that the result has no bearing on the semi. Our Xl is much better now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Asio otus said:

They have won fit striker. As long as we defend set pieces ok, we can certainly out score them. We are on fire, particular at home, bring it on !

Won Fit, the South Korean striker? Good player.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I find it weird that in 2005 there was only 28 thousand there at home vs Brentford. I remember there being empty seats on the kop.

Interesting isn’t it! I recall the game well.

Amazing as this was a time of cheaper pricing as well.

16 hours ago, HootHoot said:

I see they keep bringing up the 5-0 not realising that our starting 11 has changed significantly since then and we've been much better.

By Friday we'll have 3 CB's in the back line. Fingers crossed a midfield of Bannan, Luongo and Byers. Johnson/NML and Hunt out wide.

Gregory and Berahino/Windass up top. 

We should be more than match for them, especially with the loss of their key player.

Let them bang on about the 5-0. Stupid c*nts.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Love the phrase “Get over yourself”.  One of the absolute social media go to staples.

Thanks for telling me “it’s a forum for debate”. In all the years I’ve been on Owlstalk and 606 prior to that,  it’s taken you to finally make me realise “it’s a forum for debate.  “Get over yourself” however, doesn’t really add to any said debates. 

As it happens I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to a couple of other posts that kept referring to the Huddersfield game with horror stricken emoji’s in a panic about something that has zero relevance.

As an aside, I was reading a press article this morning quote “Going to be very tight games, but Wednesday have the advantage of the second leg at home and the advantage of knowing what they will need to do”.  

Your reply quoted my comments which are in no way negative and I’ll accept your explanation. I do rise to the bait a little, especially when the swearing is posted. Hope that you understand. UTO. Let’s get promoted….

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dehowl said:

Your reply quoted my comments which are in no way negative and I’ll accept your explanation. I do rise to the bait a little, especially when the swearing is posted. Hope that you understand. UTO. Let’s get promoted….

Only love defeats hate 

Ignore the 13 matches unbeaten.  They have been beating some bang average sides with lucky last minute goals and in the case against the mini pigs a ridiculous own goal, which was their first effort on target in the game.  If you look at the teams the only player of theirs I would take is Ross Stuart.  We are a better side than them on current form and should beat them over two legs, end of! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, britpunk77 said:

Same here: Any details on allocation, priority points needed, sales dates etc.

I'm sure when we played there earlier we had around 2.5 k 

There could possibly be a limit like we've seen before for away allocation in the play offs , wasn't it 2k when we went to Brighton ?

• Thanks 1

I’ve said in other threads, we’ll smash the playoffs, and we’ll be lifting the trophy at Wembley !!

We’re going up !!  #uto 

16 minutes ago, Taz said:

This all comes down to just conceding silly goals tbh 

Agreed. We really can’t afford the kind of lapses in concentration we’re prone to in the first leg or the tie could be effectively over.  In front of 40,000 loud Sunderland fans it could be intense- massive bottle required from the team.