Wednesday - V - Portsmouth - OMDT

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

No arguments about that Xl from me.

Mildly surprised Dunkley not in, but other than that it’s ideal.

Clearly Dean not fit yet.

That's my only concern, I think it's worth losing some ability on the ball at the back in order to have more aerial presence, I'm concerned about set plays. 

Otherwise its our best team imo with the expectation of Windass who's probably not quite ready.

2 minutes ago, deano said:

That's my only concern, I think it's worth losing some ability on the ball at the back in order to have more aerial presence, I'm concerned about set plays. 

Otherwise its our best team imo with the expectation of Windass who's probably not quite ready.

I don't we were awful against Wycombe with him in the side.

Dunkley is good at what he does, he just doesn't suit our way of playing!

I've been keeping myself busy all morning, a bit of distraction sort of thing.

Strangely though, I'm not feeling nervous today. I think it will be a tight game, but anticipate us winning the second of our last five games of the season, culminating of course with a Wembley victory.

1-0 to The Wednesday! 🙌

7 minutes ago, deano said:

As a self-confessed dinosaur I agree totally. We don’t half get ourselves in trouble losing possession at the back, and Dunkley is our best header by far.

Also with Paterson on the bench we are quite a small side today.

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I don't we were awful against Wycombe with him in the side.

Dunkley is good at what he does, he just doesn't suit our way of playing!

I'm no big fan of dunkley, but he does offer qualities we are lacking, ideally Dean would be fit but he's not even on the bench again. 

You can't really blame the Wycombe performance on Dunkley. 

11 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I've been keeping myself busy all morning, a bit of distraction sort of thing.

Strangely though, I'm not feeling nervous today. I think it will be a tight game, but anticipate us winning the second of our last five games of the season, culminating of course with a Wembley victory.

1-0 to The Wednesday! 🙌

We're off to see the wizard....lol  the wonderful Wizard of Oz ......

Great match day thread as usual Snoots, thanks for your postings and threads throughout the season as well. 

Obviously it all boils down to this game after a rollercoaster of a season, my thoughts and wishes pre season were to bring a balance back to club and rebuild the squad with an eye for the future. I wasn’t expecting an instant return to the championship but I did want us to be challenging for the playoffs.

I hope the professional experience of the players will shine through and deliver a positive performance and use the home crowd to our advantage.

Going for an Owls win of 2-1. UTO!

Strange feeling, I feel like this should be a walk in the park. Portsmouth should be on their holidays and a big home crowd to get them nervous. But I just know it's not how we do things. 

What worries me is our recent performances, if we do get in the playoffs, we could relaly embarrass ourselves... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Gonna put us through the wringer aren't they? Bet we're out of the top 6 at some point during the day.

1-1 draw coming from behind, and a 5th place finish. 

And I thought I was pessimistic lol.

• Haha 1