Wednesday - V - Portsmouth - OMDT

What an afternoon! Unreal atmosphere and exceptional football to live up to it! In the end all the anxiety was unnecessary as Plymouth got a good hiding by MKD 😂

In the end six more points would have seen us go up automatically and six fewer would have seen us out of the playoffs altogether. 

Two big games to look forward to against Sunderland! And then (maybe) the big one on 21st May! 

It could have been 6 or 7 had it not been for their keeper. Great performance by everyone on and off the pitch. 

2nd game against Sunderland will be a cracker. 

We've got the 5-0 thumping to get revenge for. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

People said we didn't have a chance of the making the play offs when we had about 12 fit players to choose from. 1 player won't make or break our play off campaign even if it is Bannan. 

I don't blame Moore for not taking Bannan off, it's just our rotten, stinking luck once again.

We'll have to disagree about the impact the loss of Bannan would/will have on this team and our prospects.

As was the case with Hooper, we don't have a replacement, and who does at this level?

Let's just pray he's OK.

44 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Brilliant mate well done and thanks.

Im sure there’s a glitch in your algorithm as no way could I finish in the relegation zone, but I’ll forgive you.

Its people running stuff like this that makes OT head & shoulders above the rest of footy forums. Big thanks.

Kind words, thank you.

In the thread where I started the competition I've said if people are interested I would look at doing something similar next season (hopefully in the Championship) on a monthly basis.  

I'll probably do a Qatar World Cup one too if members are up for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Neil has just been contacted by the police asking for the name of the person who threw the banana. He is obliged to give it by law. Sorry to hear you will not be able to get to the playoff final.

PS - What is the cost of bananas nowadays mate? Not had one for a while.

oh well i’ll just have to go in disguise so if you see a person dressed up like this 🥸 then its not me i promise you 😉

tbh mate idek all ik is that u can get them on amazon had that one stashed next to me since kick off only thought abaht what i wanted to do with it until 4mins in

2 hours ago, Pete Zarhutt said:

Can you imagine what the meltdown on here would have been like if we'd completely & utterley bottled it?

I'm actually tempted to have a look on Plymouths forum to find out....

good idea. will you  share the best bits here?

• Haha 1

I should have brought balloons with me. Oh well, next time. This is the first time I've managed to get to Hillsborough in ages and...words fail me. I was in a daze for ages after the match. It all just feels so unreal and miles away from the tedium I saw under Monk. I was in the Kop about midway up, so got repeatedly hit on the head with inflatables. 

I'm amazed Plymouth got ravaged tbh. Also even when we were 3-1 up I was worried we'd bottle it, because a little hope is a dangerous thing, but no.

• Like 1

Not long back after a 8 hour round trip - but every second of the drive was worth it. Brilliant performance & occasion, and how ironic that Hirst junior spurred us on to victory! Well done Wednesday, we’ll done DM & well done everyone who turned out to give your support - a fantastic team effort! WAWAW!

• Like 1