Jim Ratcliffe Chelsea Bid

swfcAH

If I was a billionaire I’d rather build a club to be successful than just maintain the status quo at Chelsea.  They are already premier league and champions league winners.  Seems like it would be more fun to buy a club with a decent fanbase and take them to the top, with a new stadium thrown in too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

If I was a billionaire I’d rather build a club to be successful than just maintain the status quo at Chelsea.  They are already premier league and champions league winners.  Seems like it would be more fun to buy a club with a decent fanbase and take them to the top, with a new stadium thrown in too

I don't think these billionaires buy clubs for the challenge, it's more a to do with waxing their inflated egos.

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

I don't think these billionaires buy clubs for the challenge, it's more a to do with waxing their inflated egos.

That and/or to make money out of it like the Americans owners do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

That and/or to make money out of it like the Americans owners do.

From what I understand, the glazers have only taken about £120m from owning man utd since they took over, or around £10m a year in dividends. 

I'm sure anyone with £4bn could find a way to make a far better roi than that! That said, I know it's all about debt structuring, so who knows how much these owners are really taking

The Chelsea gig screams vanity project though

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Didn't the glazers transfer the equity to debt to pay themselves back when they bought Man U?

So the club has the debt burden and the glazers have a multi £Bn asset

Think so.

A *leveraged buyout*?

27 minutes ago, 0742 said:

From what I understand, the glazers have only taken about £120m from owning man utd since they took over, or around £10m a year in dividends. 

I'm sure anyone with £4bn could find a way to make a far better roi than that! That said, I know it's all about debt structuring, so who knows how much these owners are really taking

The Chelsea gig screams vanity project though

The cost to MUFC of the Glazer takeover has exceeded £1bn in interest and debt repayments. 

They bought the club with debt- they haven’t invested a penny of their own money. They’re parasites. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Can launder more money through the big clubs.